12” SQL Sub for small box ported applications up to 2krms1ohm recommendations

DaveT
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
So I’ve decided to get over my preference for sealed and see what SQL 12” y’all would recommend running off my XTR1500.1D that throws down 1950wrms certified on the dyno. I have around 3.5cubes gross give or take depending on how much trunk I sacrifice to the sub gods. I’m looking for 70+% SQ and want it to be able to murder lows while reaching high enough to cross nice with my Perfect 600 comp speaker.

I’ve been considering a Sundown 12” X v.2 DVC2 but with a small enough box requirement I could probably pull off a 15” while not murdering my already small trunk.

I’m looking for something I can get for arounds $450 shipped.

Thanks ahead of time for the recommendations peeps.

If you want ported you need to do a few configurations to get the phase shift out of the picture so you can enjoy it. For some reason I saw preference and sealed.

I'd grab a dd 3512..

I’ve talked to Nick back when I was planning sealed and he quoted me a good price on a HST15mkII and I’ve got some wiggle room in my budget if say $75 more is going to get me a significantly better performance I will just save a bit longer....

TC 3hp is a solid platform for small-ish box and low tuning. See if you can find one used somewhere (3hp, Eclipse Ti, Lightning Storm). Will vouch for them doing nicely. Also W7 is no slouch ported and tuned low... at

Single or is a pair a possibility? I recommend Dayton 12's to many people looking for SQ. The Daytons utilize a smaller box and run great on about 500-800 watts. Love the sound of these subs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

TC 3hp is a solid platform for small-ish box and low tuning. See if you can find one used somewhere (3hp, Eclipse Ti, Lightning Storm). Will vouch for them doing nicely. Also W7 is no slouch ported and tuned low... at I used to run a 12w7 in about 2.2 cubes and I think low 30hz range on the tubing off a Phoenix Gold Tantrum 1200.1 was a nice setup.

As far as running single or dual subs I could most likely pull off 2 12”s or 10”s but if I’m going to run dual 10”s I might just build a proper ported box fore the second SEXrev.2 I got on flash sale. I’m thinking about selling them locally and get a better sub for my application.

I always liked those fat arse surround Eclipses.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.