Kenwood vs Kicker vs JVC

ZachGomes

I recently bought a 2004 Ram 1500 quad cab and I'm installing a new speaker system. I currently have a Kenwood KMM-BT222U stereo and I want to add speakers. I'm trying to keep things cheap, preferably under $100 per pair. I'm trying to decide between Kenwood KFC-1665S, JVC CS-DR620, Kicker 44KSC6504 and Kicker 43CSC654.

I recently bought a 2004 Ram 1500 quad cab and I'm installing a new speaker system. I currently have a Kenwood KMM-BT222U stereo and I want to add speakers. I'm trying to keep things cheap, preferably under $100 per pair. I'm trying to decide between Kenwood KFC-1665S, JVC CS-DR620, Kicker 44KSC6504 and Kicker 43CSC654.
man idk that anyone will say there is much diff between basic coax speakers some here like alpine.. i have sound qubed just cause i wanted to try them and they were on sale.. u can look at skar too probably all similar..

I was gonna say soundqubed also for the price. If you want to stay under a certain budget out of all you listed I would prob go with the kicker. Or look into some Polks.

Check out on You Tube NVX V line speakers they have a video comparing them to other brands and they did good in fact I found a guy on eBay that was getting rid of some 6X9 V series speakers for $35.00 so I jumped on them I don’t need them now but one day I might. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/applause.gif.bb805d8088f72dbc2fe808c29e85fb4c.gif

buying guidelines.

92 db sensitivity and up.

low rms power ratings especially if you play on only using your head unit to power it, having a high rms rated speaker will just mean you need that big of an amp to get anything worth a sh*t out of the speaker.

Soft dome or silk tweeters is ideal when it comes to cheap stuff.

making sure the magnets arent going to obstruct your windows from rolling down, some magnets are big enough to do this if your car doesnt have room

then read reviews and watch youtube videos of the speakers you are looking at. Filter out reviews that sound like a noob or a dumb@ss wrote it. Look for well thought out and properly installed reviews from people who know what they are talking about.

For the 100 dollar range, i'd go polk audio, jbl, alpine or infinity. JVC speakers are garbage, kicker is below mediocre same with kenwood.

buying guidelines. .

For the 100 dollar range, i'd go polk audio, jbl, alpine or infinity. JVC speakers are garbage, kicker is below mediocre same with kenwood.
This... the JBL gto coax sound pretty good for the money. Some of pioneers sub $100 are decent too.

The car the guy is testing out had 6.5 NVX Speakers as well and they even sound good if being pushed by a amp and the price is fair
I bought some new old stock Cerwin Vega 6X9 speakers on eBay they sound great and the other members here are giving you good tips they know what they are talking about they just helped me yesterday with great help. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/clap.gif.178cba2c538c68e720c727fcb024b19c.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.