Any suggestions on a good musical sub?

Guyver
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Looking for a good sounding sub that gets very low and comparable to my XCON. I love, love the sound of the SSA XCON but just wanting to try something new. I was thinking about the SSA EVIL at first but don't know if that sub is power hungry and if 2000 RMS is even enough for it. Any suggestions on a good musical sub that is as good as the XCON?

I don't get your goals here?

If it's to be louder add more power.

If it's to be more sound quality then try a larger box tuned a bit lower on the same or a little less power.

90% of the time you can get what you want by building the right box

What are you goals here? The xcon is very good musical/Daily subwoofer. Are you looking for more bandwidth in your sound? upgrading to that EVIL would be a downgrade because 2k isnt going to get the full potential out of it. 3" coil is much more efficient with what power you have on tap. Hows your enclosure for the xcon?

If you like the sound of the Xcon, the Evil is not far off in sound signature. It will roll well on 2k power. Just build a nice efficient enclosure and have at it.

If you like the sound of the Xcon, the Evil is not far off in sound signature. It will roll well on 2k power. Just build a nice efficient enclosure and have at it.
The Evil is my next sub on the list, I promise you that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.