1993 Toyota

Participant count
  • Participants list

fixinit

My original alternator died about 3 months ago. The amp I fixed was supposed to have been decent. NOPE. I was on my last leg of electricity and the best and worst bass hits in my beater didn't spark a problem.

I fought this in the past on here. But now it's conclusive. If you upgrade to an amplifier beyond your vehicle's alternator needs. It's time for an electrical upgrade which doesn't cost a lot. a Tahoe still doesn't need 0 awg wire.

[quote name='fixinit']My original alternator died about 3 months ago. The amp I fixed was supposed to have been decent. NOPE. I was on my last leg of electricity and the best and worst bass hits in my beater didn't spark a problem.

I fought this in the past on here. But now it's conclusive. If you upgrade to an amplifier beyond your vehicle's alternator needs. It's time for an electrical upgrade which doesn't cost a lot. a Tahoe still doesn't need 0 awg wire.[/QUOTE]

BS. Eh, @Hertz Mafia

Stock wiring on mine was 2 gauge. Changed it to 1/0 gauge. So yes it is necessary for the big 3 to be upgraded if a lot of audio is to be ran in a Tahoe.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.