What amp should I get?

k.norberg97

Utah
I've been looking for a new amp ever since my old Kenwood blew //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif

I've got two Pioneer TS-W250R 10"

They are SVC 4-ohm each, and I wanted to wire them as a 2-ohm load, and I've been looking at a few different amps. I don't have a lot of money, but I can go up to about $150.

I've been looking at the JVC KS-AX3201D. Is it any good? Or any other ideas? Thanks in advance!

I've been looking for a new amp ever since my old Kenwood blew //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gifI've got two Pioneer TS-W250R 10"

They are SVC 4-ohm each, and I wanted to wire them as a 2-ohm load, and I've been looking at a few different amps. I don't have a lot of money, but I can go up to about $150.

I've been looking at the JVC KS-AX3201D. Is it any good? Or any other ideas? Thanks in advance!
i can help u!!! u need a jbl 500 or infinity 551 they have been tested to do around 650 rms @2ohm.. if u have a ported box we need to get u amp that has a sub sonic filter this don't https://www.crutchfield.com/S-DxySGi4t78p/p_109GTX500/JBL-GTX500.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been looking for a new amp ever since my old Kenwood blew //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gifI've got two Pioneer TS-W250R 10"

I would recommend an amplifier such as this. These are pretty good amps and have been proven to take a beating and seem to last

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ALPINE-MRV-M500-CLASS-D-MONO-SUBWOOFER-POWER-AMPLIFIER-BRAND-NEW/141685158035?epid=216918186&hash=item20fd17f093:g:ut8AAOSwxX1Z1qdp

here's orion cobalt says 860rms @ 2 ohms 1250 at 1ohm so u can use it later if u get different subs and have more power than u need now but we've seen test show they don't do rated power so probably more like a 900rms amp @1 ohm and maybe 600 @ 2 ohm but thats about what u need and it has a 25hz subsonic filter at least http://vi.vipr.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=172210528977&t=1510713163000&tid=10&category=18795&seller=techronics-store&excSoj=1&excTrk=1&lsite=0&ittenable=false&domain=ebay.com&descgauge=1&cspheader=1&oneClk=1&secureDesc=0

I would recommend an amplifier such as this. These are pretty good amps and have been proven to take a beating and seem to last https://www.ebay.com/itm/ALPINE-MRV-M500-CLASS-D-MONO-SUBWOOFER-POWER-AMPLIFIER-BRAND-NEW/141685158035?epid=216918186&hash=item20fd17f093:g:ut8AAOSwxX1Z1qdp
I was looking at the Alpine MRV line at one point, but I was under the impression that having an amp too powerful for your subs wasn't a great idea as it could blow them. Sorry that I'm still new to this, I've never had any of this explained to me, just what I've found through my own research and from wiring it myself.

I was looking at the Alpine MRV line at one point, but I was under the impression that having an amp too powerful for your subs wasn't a great idea as it could blow them. Sorry that I'm still new to this, I've never had any of this explained to me, just what I've found through my own research and from wiring it myself.
Having a to powerful amp is a great thing. Headroom is ideal. Almost every time someone blow a woofer it’s because your trying to get more power then your amp can produce cleanly and it sends a distorted single and burns up your woofer.

An amplifier with extra head room gives the amplifier a chance to run cooler /not as hard and in return generally last longer. Setting you gains and dialing in correctly and you should have no issues.Its a great match for what you have,and a good amplifier as well for the money

https://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=2&I=41#resultsYou can wire either way in the diagrams..That amplifier will handle either ohm load shown. The best results to gain the mst would be to wire to 2 ohms of course and you should be fine with the SVC 4 ohm subs with the Alpine amplifier
Thank you! I'll probably end up getting this! I'm learning more every day //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

An amplifier with extra head room gives the amplifier a chance to run cooler /not as hard and in return generally last longer. Setting you gains and dialing in correctly and you should have no issues.Its a great match for what you have,and a good amplifier as well for the money
Thanks! I'll do this!

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

Having a to powerful amp is a great thing. Headroom is ideal. Almost every time someone blow a woofer it’s because your trying to get more power then your amp can produce cleanly and it sends a distorted single and burns up your woofer.
That makes sense, I'll keep that in mind! Thanks a bunch!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.