Headrest speakers?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Is there a bunch of tiny holes in the headrests? That will indicate a speaker in there. Usually tells ya like the door is open...so close it Or you left the keys in the ignition, take them with you.

yeah there is, i shined a light in and saw two speakers, nah just a dome light comes on, what i meant was that music played with the radio, had to turn the bias all the way to the front, they adjust left to right as well. Is this a good place to put speakers? the engine is in the back so i was wondering what kind of things people have done with cars like this that don't have a lot of cabin room.

yup, there were two 4x10 delco 10ohm speakers in the front dash, none in the door and no room behind the seats for normal subs, wondering if a large 12" pancake sub will work for a while.

yup, there were two 4x10 delco 10ohm speakers in the front dash, none in the door and no room behind the seats for normal subs, wondering if a large 12" pancake sub will work for a while.
yikes. are you opposed to making some custom dash speaker pods? just requires some pvc elbows for midranges and pvc endcaps for tweeters. If you have room by the kick panels you can do a 6.5 inch midbass there as well.

25994586_10215061859124102_344681607257283163_n.jpg

If you can, can you cut and make those 4x10 into 6.5 holes? It'll make installation pretty easy and simple with you just plopping a quality pair of 6.5 coaxials up front. I would not bother with the headrest speakers, that detracts from the sound quality.

I'm not opposed to those ideas, they sound awesome. i can fit 5 1/4 in them would those work? if so i'll give them a try, but not right now cause its dark and -13, i'll look into the 8"s behind the seats I wonder if theres space between the rear panel and firewall.

I'm not opposed to those ideas, they sound awesome. i can fit 5 1/4 in them would those work? if so i'll give them a try, but not right now cause its dark and -13, i'll look into the 8"s behind the seats I wonder if theres space between the rear panel and firewall.
ehh.. Its because you haven't heard a properly done setup which literally makes you feel like there's a live concert on the dash. There will be zero concert feel if you have headrest speakers destroying the sound stage. 5.25 might work but its pretty low output, you'll want a lot of power and high efficiency drivers.

ehh.. Its because you haven't heard a properly done setup which literally makes you feel like there's a live concert on the dash. There will be zero concert feel if you have headrest speakers destroying the sound stage. 5.25 might work but its pretty low output, you'll want a lot of power and high efficiency drivers.
Just heard one tonight //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I meant that your ideas sounded awesome, the 5x10 and head rest speakers sound awful and distort to easily, so some 6 1/2s in the dash are a good start. could i put some 6x9 or 8' speakers on the floor to cover some of the lower end or something. Sorry about my ignorance this is new to me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.