Looking for a 1/2 din eq/signal processor to boost rca voltage

Participant count
  • Participant list
Running a particular head unit that I'm sticking with but the hanky part is it puts out little less than 1 volt from rca output . I don't wanna run a independent signal amplifier behind my seats I wanna do it from a 7 band eq or something along the lines I have a half din opening to use .

Is there a good 1/2 din processor that will give me some other eq adjusting but offer at least a 5-8 volt boost for the rca output . Another words I crank volume to 30 it's like being at 5 at this point .Not a head unit issue it's just it's not a name brand unit and unfortunately offers ****** rca output voltage. And only a single sub out channel which requires a y splitter . It is a android unit and it's what I want to stick with for now .Simply because I do use all it has to offer but I need to solve this voltag issue with some type of half din unit ..

I've read epicenter is a good choice or the Clarion EQS746 1/2 DIN Graphic Equalizer with Built-in Crossover

Whatever I get needs to offer voltage increase

5-8 volts is the earlier models that CD players/HU used to come with in the 90's. Those are a thing of the past and now some HU offer between 4-5 volts.

What are your needs/wants in a HU? Being that you stated you have a no name brand HU and your completely attached to it, is gonna make everything else sound like garbage.

Not trying to debate my headunit

I just lookin and need to know of a good 1/2 din signal processor/eq that has the ability to up the volts from the hu..outputs.

It's a Android unit obviously or else any other name brand would throw out 5volts .It does what i want and if pioneer Kenwood or anyone else made one that would be wonderful but they won't and android auto is not the same as what I prefer to use for a media center in my truck .

Only issue this far is the lack of rca output .

Not trying to debate my headunit I just lookin and need to know of a good 1/2 din signal processor/eq that has the ability to up the volts from the hu..outputs.

It's a Android unit obviously or else any other name brand would throw out 5volts .It does what i want and if pioneer Kenwood or anyone else made one that would be wonderful but they won't and android auto is not the same as what I prefer to use for a media center in my truck .

Only issue this far is the lack of rca output .
rockford DSR-1 bluetooth controlled dsp should give you the pre-out you need while giving you 8 channels of RCA output along with fixing the garbage sound that comes from an android unit. Just select the 0.5 volt pre-out option when you are in the setup and it should give you way more than needed RCA pre-out voltage, that advertised 4 volt is a lie, it can do a lot more.. Only needs one pair of rca, the app used is called rockford perfect tune, you can download and play around with it.

The Clarion 1/2 DIN isn't impressive. I've used it before and it did the job ok. I'd rather have a 90's Alpine ERA-G180.

Audio Control has a nice product list.

I think a DSP would make the most sense.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.