sigle box or dual box

Participant count
  • Participant list
im building a new box for my 2 alpine type r´s im goin sealed cuze im putting the sub inverted and i have no space for ported that way, and im going 1 cuft for each sub, but now im at a dilema, 2 cuft single box or split box 1cuft each chamber? do i get any pros and cons on any of those configs?

im more inclined to do 1 box, 2 chambers.....

they will be push by a monoblock amp parallel 1 ohm

Last edited by a moderator:
125 views and not one reply //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif why

by now that dont mather anymore, lack off feedback i end up goin for dual chamber...

125 views and not one reply //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif why
by now that dont mather anymore, lack off feedback i end up goin for dual chamber...
i just saw this thread.. didn't know u got alpine., u coming up in the audio game huh? biggest reason to do separate chambers is if 1 sub messes up u can still use other one..

If you do 2 separate chambers you could put a relay on one of the positive cables and turn one of the subs on or off for demo purposes otherwise common chamber saves wood and often lowers the peak frequency of the box 1hz or 2hz which is normally good.

I also see no reason to run inverted unless it it for looks and depending on the sub, I am unfamiliar with the alpine in particular, you could have some motor noise that would otherwise be muffled in the box.

My .02

i just saw this thread.. didn't know u got alpine., u coming up in the audio game huh? biggest reason to do separate chambers is if 1 sub messes up u can still use other one..
i get a very very nice deal for 2 12" like allmost for free, soo by by pioneer hello alpine :p

i was thinking about updating my build, but since i updated last time and no one care about it, i think theres no point on doing it, why keep up updating the build here if i do stuff, posted photos and plans to do next and not even a reply there, new speakers, sound deadening, new wiring etc etc and not even one reply... so whats the point of posting //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif :(

If you do 2 separate chambers you could put a relay on one of the positive cables and turn one of the subs on or off for demo purposes otherwise common chamber saves wood and often lowers the peak frequency of the box 1hz or 2hz which is normally good.
I also see no reason to run inverted unless it it for looks and depending on the sub, I am unfamiliar with the alpine in particular, you could have some motor noise that would otherwise be muffled in the box.

My .02
i went dual chamber more for the supor that the centrer splitar gives to the box its way stronger...

yes inverted for the looks

dam i love that a$$.... imagine 2 of these //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

(internet pic not my)

8291919_2.jpg

i get a very very nice deal for 2 12" like allmost for free, soo by by pioneer hello alpine :p
i was thinking about updating my build, but since i updated last time and no one care about it, i think theres no point on doing it, why keep up updating the build here if i do stuff, posted photos and plans to do next and not even a reply there, new speakers, sound deadening, new wiring etc etc and not even one reply... so whats the point of posting //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif :(
u still have crossfire amp?

i went dual chamber more for the supor that the centrer splitar gives to the box its way stronger...
yes inverted for the looks

dam i love that a$$.... imagine 2 of these //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

(internet pic not my)

8291919_2.jpg
Being way stronger isn't always needed and you can add bracing without making two chambers.

Inverted is fine, not my taste and not really possible with the JL 13tw5 that I run. I really only have ever run inverted with monster subs like dd9500, is death penalty, sundown z series beyond that I prefer my cargo room. But my taste mean nothing in your vehicle

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.