dudeogo

Another New Car lol. Really wanting this one in the 150s

About to buy a Mazda 3 hatchback. What do you think I'd need to get in the 150s? Teammate recommended 2 DB4 15s if I can fit it. Not sure if I can on not. The budget I really would like to be in is

1200 max on just woofers. Configuration doesnt matter to me. 6.5s 8s 10s 12s whatever.

Team GP 417 Member

2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Stock bose system and an Alphard Audio Hannibal FX30D2 12 on an APCL1500.1D

Rebuild coming!

8 cube box for 4 12s tuned to 35hz designed by CSCStang

4 Alphard SA27 12s

Undecided on amp.

150s on music or burps?

music.

Team GP 417 Member

2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Stock bose system and an Alphard Audio Hannibal FX30D2 12 on an APCL1500.1D

Rebuild coming!

4 Alphard SA27 12s

Undecided on amp.

Two zv4 12s or zv5 12s.

And I know the zv5 can easily do it on a legit 4 or 5k

Current Vehicle: 2005 Ford Sport Trac XLT

Sound Deadening: None

Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200 NEX

Front Stage: None

Rear: None

Subwoofers: None

Amps: None

Batteries: None

Wiring: None

Alternator: None

I have a Focus ST which is similar to the speed 3. Room is very limited in the hatch. I hardly fit a single 15" in mine. But I do have a full size 18" wheel and spare tire still. If you take it out you can gain quite a bit.

2016 Focus ST3 - Rockford DSR1 / PPI 900.4 / Silverflute 6.5" mids / Massive CT2 tweeters /Sundown Xv2 15"/ Taramps DSP3k / Stinger Roadkill / KNU wiring / Northstar SMSAGM80 /

2010 Focus coupe 157@46hz

Pioneer 80prs /(8) FU Audio 750 12"s / (4) FSD 2600s / (1) FSD 125.4 / (1) FSD 85.4 / (4) Crescendo UN-10" mids / (4) Crescendo FT1 tweeters / Stinger Roadkill / 2/0 EB flex wire / (5) Powerware 90AH batteries / DC 270XP Alt /

https://www.youtube.com/popwarhomie

too many freq at once, burn the coil, we all know, over 40-50hz, its all coilburning material.

I'd say get a good amp and beef up electrical, wire to the dirt, cheap out on the subs, but put unlimited budget on the amount of box testing and modifications and you would easily achieve 150.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

I'd say get a good amp and beef up electrical, wire to the dirt, cheap out on the subs, but put unlimited budget on the amount of box testing and modifications and you would easily achieve 150.

I like this... not so much cheap out on the subs, but focus on stout electrical and a strong reliable amp.

I suspect 2 12's or single 15 is about all you'll have space for judging by google search of that vehicle and looking at cargo space, and even that might be tight.

The next month or so is prime time for buying used amps and subs though, so if you're not opposed there's some amazing deals to be had.

If your goal is a 150 on the meter you had better buy a meter or make friends with someone close to you who has one and can help you do testing.

I like this... not so much cheap out on the subs, but focus on stout electrical and a strong reliable amp.

I suspect 2 12's or single 15 is about all you'll have space for judging by google search of that vehicle and looking at cargo space, and even that might be tight.

The next month or so is prime time for buying used amps and subs though, so if you're not opposed there's some amazing deals to be had.

If your goal is a 150 on the meter you had better buy a meter or make friends with someone close to you who has one and can help you do testing.

Sorry I haven't been active lately I've been working my butt off! I did buy a 2008 Mazdaspeed 3. From what I can tell 2 12s will fit but that would be the max. i have 38x16x18 in the hatch. 6.333 cubes gross. I do have a buddy with a meter.

Team GP 417 Member

Rebuild coming!

4 Alphard SA27 12s

Undecided on amp.

@Jeffdachef @Boomintahoe @hispls I like Zv5s HDC4s Death Penalties, DB3s, and Contraltos. I'm also cool with anything PSI, FI, and SSA but They aren't my first choice just due to build time.

Honestly, I'd really love to build some woofers myself. I'm okay with build time if I'm the one doing it lol.

if at all possible I'd like to stay around 500 a woofer... but I know thats not always possible especially with my goals.

My wallet says HDC4s and a lot lot lot of box testing

Team GP 417 Member

Rebuild coming!

4 Alphard SA27 12s

Undecided on amp.

Also @Jeffdachef I believe the head unit that came with it (I'll have to double check but this is the one on pioneers website that looks the same and has mixtrax) is a pioneer AVH-X491BS which pioneer says has 3 way network mode. This means I can do PA mids right? I need new mids anyway because the left front mid is blown. thanks bose crap lol

Team GP 417 Member

Rebuild coming!

4 Alphard SA27 12s

Undecided on amp.

[quote name='dudeogo']Sorry I haven't been active lately I've been working my butt off! I did buy a 2008 Mazdaspeed 3. From what I can tell 2 12s will fit but that would be the max. i have 38x16x18 in the hatch. 6.333 cubes gross. I do have a buddy with a meter.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to say you dont have enough airspace to do two 12s. thats not 6.333 cubes gross, you forgot to subtract the space the wood takes up. its 5.05 gross before port displacements. Honestly i'd do a single 15 with the space you have.

here's a sample box.
[IMG]https://snag.gy/aTlrBJ.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='dudeogo']Also @Jeffdachef I believe the head unit that came with it (I'll have to double check but this is the one on pioneers website that looks the same and has mixtrax) is a pioneer AVH-X491BS which pioneer says has 3 way network mode. This means I can do PA mids right? I need new mids anyway because the left front mid is blown. thanks bose crap lol[/QUOTE]

Yes you can do PA mids

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

Sorry to say you dont have enough airspace to do two 12s. thats not 6.333 cubes gross, you forgot to subtract the space the wood takes up. its 5.05 gross before port displacements. Honestly i'd do a single 15 with the space you have.

here's a sample box.

aTlrBJ.jpg

Yes you can do PA mids

I'll see if I cant find a way to make some more space. Otherwise single 15 it is I guess. I highly doubt I can hit 150 that way though. :( how do I go about the PA mids?

Team GP 417 Member

Rebuild coming!

4 Alphard SA27 12s

Undecided on amp.

I'll see if I cant find a way to make some more space. Otherwise single 15 it is I guess. I highly doubt I can hit 150 that way though. :( how do I go about the PA mids?

see how much of your door you want to cut up.

instead of two 12s at 500 each, you can do one 15 at 1000$ A team sub on 8k should easily put you in the 150s.

see how much of your door you want to cut up.

instead of two 12s at 500 each, you can do one 15 at 1000$ A team sub on 8k should easily put you in the 150s.

Alright one 15 then. 150 is the goal so if its achievable then I'll do whatever. And I'd really just like to do 6.5 PA mids. Just to be much louder than stock

Team GP 417 Member

Rebuild coming!

4 Alphard SA27 12s

Undecided on amp.

[quote name='dudeogo']@Jeffdachef @Boomintahoe @hispls I like Zv5s HDC4s Death Penalties, DB3s, and Contraltos. I'm also cool with anything PSI, FI, and SSA but They aren't my first choice just due to build time.

Honestly, I'd really love to build some woofers myself. I'm okay with build time if I'm the one doing it lol.

if at all possible I'd like to stay around 500 a woofer... but I know thats not always possible especially with my goals.

My wallet says HDC4s and a lot lot lot of box testing[/QUOTE]

HDC4 is pretty solid for the money. I believe American Bass has a similar (possibly identical) 4" coil woofer as well.

Single 15 on 5K can get you 150 as could pair of 12s... with some testing.

If you want to try your hand at building, someone has a Fi N2 motor in the classifieds section for a fair price. Would be a good platform for a single 15.

[quote name='hispls']HDC4 is pretty solid for the money. I believe American Bass has a similar (possibly identical) 4" coil woofer as well.

Single 15 on 5K can get you 150 as could pair of 12s... with some testing.

If you want to try your hand at building, someone has a Fi N2 motor in the classifieds section for a fair price. Would be a good platform for a single 15.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I will do anywhere from an HDC4 (Minimum) up to a DB4 15 depending on how the budget works out. Lots of testing for me :))) and turns out @Jeffdacheff I have a AVH4200NEX which doesn't have network :(

Team GP 417 Member

Rebuild coming!

4 Alphard SA27 12s

Undecided on amp.

[quote name='dudeogo']@Jeffdachef @Boomintahoe @hispls I like Zv5s HDC4s Death Penalties, DB3s, and Contraltos. I'm also cool with anything PSI, FI, and SSA but They aren't my first choice just due to build time.

My wallet says HDC4s and a lot lot lot of box testing[/QUOTE]

tag fail! I own the 1st X series subs. The Zv5 are the newest models drivers. newest technology in them.

Still don't understand how your 17 and own 3 vehicles :D

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Alpine 9835

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

Wolfram amps coming soon, 3000.1, 125.4

2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.

Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

tag fail! I own the 1st X series subs. The Zv5 are the newest models drivers. newest technology in them.

Still don't understand how your 17 and own 3 vehicles :D

I don't anymore. The Jeep is gone, the Verano is 50/50 ownership and it's going away and same thing with the truck. Just the Mazda now.

Team GP 417 Member

Rebuild coming!

4 Alphard SA27 12s

Undecided on amp.

I don't anymore. The Jeep is gone, the Verano is 50/50 ownership and it's going away and same thing with the truck. Just the Mazda now.

Gotcha.

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Alpine 9835

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

Wolfram amps coming soon, 3000.1, 125.4

2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.

Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account