Another New Car lol. Really wanting this one in the 150s

dudeogo

Actually a Potato
About to buy a Mazda 3 hatchback. What do you think I'd need to get in the 150s? Teammate recommended 2 DB4 15s if I can fit it. Not sure if I can on not. The budget I really would like to be in is

1200 max on just woofers. Configuration doesnt matter to me. 6.5s 8s 10s 12s whatever.

I have a Focus ST which is similar to the speed 3. Room is very limited in the hatch. I hardly fit a single 15" in mine. But I do have a full size 18" wheel and spare tire still. If you take it out you can gain quite a bit.

I'd say get a good amp and beef up electrical, wire to the dirt, cheap out on the subs, but put unlimited budget on the amount of box testing and modifications and you would easily achieve 150.

I'd say get a good amp and beef up electrical, wire to the dirt, cheap out on the subs, but put unlimited budget on the amount of box testing and modifications and you would easily achieve 150.
I like this... not so much cheap out on the subs, but focus on stout electrical and a strong reliable amp.

I suspect 2 12's or single 15 is about all you'll have space for judging by google search of that vehicle and looking at cargo space, and even that might be tight.

The next month or so is prime time for buying used amps and subs though, so if you're not opposed there's some amazing deals to be had.

If your goal is a 150 on the meter you had better buy a meter or make friends with someone close to you who has one and can help you do testing.

I like this... not so much cheap out on the subs, but focus on stout electrical and a strong reliable amp.
I suspect 2 12's or single 15 is about all you'll have space for judging by google search of that vehicle and looking at cargo space, and even that might be tight.

The next month or so is prime time for buying used amps and subs though, so if you're not opposed there's some amazing deals to be had.

If your goal is a 150 on the meter you had better buy a meter or make friends with someone close to you who has one and can help you do testing.
Sorry I haven't been active lately I've been working my butt off! I did buy a 2008 Mazdaspeed 3. From what I can tell 2 12s will fit but that would be the max. i have 38x16x18 in the hatch. 6.333 cubes gross. I do have a buddy with a meter.

@Jeffdachef @Boomintahoe @hispls I like Zv5s HDC4s Death Penalties, DB3s, and Contraltos. I'm also cool with anything PSI, FI, and SSA but They aren't my first choice just due to build time.

Honestly, I'd really love to build some woofers myself. I'm okay with build time if I'm the one doing it lol.

if at all possible I'd like to stay around 500 a woofer... but I know thats not always possible especially with my goals.

My wallet says HDC4s and a lot lot lot of box testing

Also @Jeffdachef I believe the head unit that came with it (I'll have to double check but this is the one on pioneers website that looks the same and has mixtrax) is a pioneer AVH-X491BS which pioneer says has 3 way network mode. This means I can do PA mids right? I need new mids anyway because the left front mid is blown. thanks bose crap lol

[quote name='dudeogo']Sorry I haven't been active lately I've been working my butt off! I did buy a 2008 Mazdaspeed 3. From what I can tell 2 12s will fit but that would be the max. i have 38x16x18 in the hatch. 6.333 cubes gross. I do have a buddy with a meter.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to say you dont have enough airspace to do two 12s. thats not 6.333 cubes gross, you forgot to subtract the space the wood takes up. its 5.05 gross before port displacements. Honestly i'd do a single 15 with the space you have.

here's a sample box.
aTlrBJ.jpg

[quote name='dudeogo']Also @Jeffdachef I believe the head unit that came with it (I'll have to double check but this is the one on pioneers website that looks the same and has mixtrax) is a pioneer AVH-X491BS which pioneer says has 3 way network mode. This means I can do PA mids right? I need new mids anyway because the left front mid is blown. thanks bose crap lol[/QUOTE]

Yes you can do PA mids

Sorry to say you dont have enough airspace to do two 12s. thats not 6.333 cubes gross, you forgot to subtract the space the wood takes up. its 5.05 gross before port displacements. Honestly i'd do a single 15 with the space you have.
here's a sample box.

aTlrBJ.jpg

Yes you can do PA mids
I'll see if I cant find a way to make some more space. Otherwise single 15 it is I guess. I highly doubt I can hit 150 that way though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif how do I go about the PA mids?

I'll see if I cant find a way to make some more space. Otherwise single 15 it is I guess. I highly doubt I can hit 150 that way though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif how do I go about the PA mids?
see how much of your door you want to cut up.

instead of two 12s at 500 each, you can do one 15 at 1000$ A team sub on 8k should easily put you in the 150s.

see how much of your door you want to cut up.
instead of two 12s at 500 each, you can do one 15 at 1000$ A team sub on 8k should easily put you in the 150s.
Alright one 15 then. 150 is the goal so if its achievable then I'll do whatever. And I'd really just like to do 6.5 PA mids. Just to be much louder than stock

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.