You guys have convinced me to get a better sub. Fi or AB?

You guys have made excellent points about the sub i was looking at, and how it stacks up against other subs. I'm no longer looking to get the 3 12" soundqubed hds3 subs. I'm going with a better sub in a 2 12" set up, i don't have room for 2 15's. So I'm looking at a few different products. The front runners are Fi alpha, AB XFL, FU 750, Sundown, or maybe something else. I've heard good things about Dayton , and SSA Icon but finding info is a little harder with these two. Strangely enough i can't find a price for the SSA's and info about Dayton is very contradicting.

I'm running a Soundstream Piccaso 6000.1d. Yes, I now know this amp is trash, but I already bought it so Im stuck with it for a while. I'm hoping I can get over 2k with it. Probably more like 900 rms per sub.

My budget is $425 total.

My goal is to have nice lows, and to be loud and clear. A nice bandwidth would be great.

My enclosure build is already scheduled, but i kind of need subs for that. Lol. I hoping this thread can help me pull trigger on a nice sub. No matter who makes it.

If you can wait a bit for the Sundown yardsale to open up, you can snag a few X 12's on there for about that price or under. I got one of my x15's from there for 210 shipped. Nothing wrong with it.

You want lows....then Sundown is your sub.

You guys have made excellent points about the sub i was looking at, and how it stacks up against other subs. I'm no longer looking to get the 3 12" soundqubed hds3 subs. I'm going with a better sub in a 2 12" set up, i don't have room for 2 15's. So I'm looking at a few different products. The front runners are Fi alpha, AB XFL, FU 750, Sundown, or maybe something else. I've heard good things about Dayton , and SSA Icon but finding info is a little harder with these two. Strangely enough i can't find a price for the SSA's and info about Dayton is very contradicting.
I'm running a Soundstream Piccaso 6000.1d. Yes, I now know this amp is trash, but I already bought it so Im stuck with it for a while. I'm hoping I can get over 2k with it. Probably more like 900 rms per sub.

My budget is $425 total.

My goal is to have nice lows, and to be loud and clear. A nice bandwidth would be great.

My enclosure build is already scheduled, but i kind of need subs for that. Lol. I hoping this thread can help me pull trigger on a nice sub. No matter who makes it.
Did you have some reason why you're not using a single 15"? I think a 425$ 15 will outperform a pair of 210$ 12s.

I figured more cone area would make the difference. I just want whatever sub/subs that will perform the best. The size and quantity is completely up in the air.

And my vehicle is a 2000 chevy blazer. I dont know the amount of space i have in cubic feet, I have 36" in width, 20" in height, and 28" in depth.

idk since i got my box in right spot in trunk my 1 fu750 is loud on 900 rms., it keeps knocking things out of my cup holder.. i wouldn't want twice that., can't believe popwar is still alive with 8 of them.. guy on fb hit over 157db with 4 bstock 750 12's last week.. u do a 4cf ad box with 2 of those tuned at 35 it'll be loud and they play deep even at that (not 25hz) but it would go to 29 and be louder than if u tune 32 or so..

My budget is $425 total.

You won’t find a price on the GCon because they are out of stock, being reworked and updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you can get as loud if not louder than 2 12s with a single 15. a good 15 that is. your budget is right there also. id recommend ascendant audio, their havoc crushes the lows and has excellent sq. however if your leaning towards 2 12s a little more, sundown yard sale would be your best bet. sundown x's

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.