First build research

Participant count
  • Participant list

Rmxjr67

Whats up guys i already get it noob noob noob no worries it is what it is. Im doin my 93 gmc diesel ground up all out front yard build starting with the inside. Goal is 8 speakers 2 subs.. 4 (4x6) rear pilars and dash 4 (6 1/2) custom glass console and doors. 2 12s under back seat after i rais the seat for clearance. I have read an assload of the help 101 an random question threada on speakers alone. I already plan on sealing the doors with sheet metal and silicone my grey areas are in the components. Whether to go with 2 way 3 way what ohm can you run 8 speakers off one amp or should i go for 2 smaller amps. I would like to put the speaker (not sub) amp/amps in the console. I left the front of it were it meets up with the dash open for air. I also have a dual double din dvd navi in the center of the console. Would 1or2 amps and head unit inside the console be too much heat even if i ran some sort of cooling fan setup. Im not looking to push thousands upon thousands of watts i just want it to be loud as hell and balanced with decent bass... As far as power is concerned my truck has an oversized alternator and 2 batteries from the factory. Any thoughts opinions links on what ive got goin on would be apreciated otherwise ima cross my fingers an wing it

Hell yea deffinately some solid info i apreciate it gonna take it an see were i cam cut some corners on pricing if possible. Not going for any competitions or anything just wanna do it the right way without dumping a boatload of cash into electronics still got a hella list of stuff to purchase for this build was lookin at pioneers for the speakers i have some kicker 12s i need to box up and a pioneer 760 2channel but im thinkin im not even gonna waste my time with that amp i dont think itl really bump 2 12s hard at all

Hell yea deffinately some solid info i apreciate it gonna take it an see were i cam cut some corners on pricing if possible. Not going for any competitions or anything just wanna do it the right way without dumping a boatload of cash into electronics still got a hella list of stuff to purchase for this build was lookin at pioneers for the speakers i have some kicker 12s i need to box up and a pioneer 760 2channel but im thinkin im not even gonna waste my time with that amp i dont think itl really bump 2 12s hard at all
The purpose of buying good quality amps isn't necessarily to beat down the block, but so that you only have to buy them once then they last 15-20 years without trouble.

Consider dropping the rears all together. They will only clutter up your sound stage. Focus your effort and money into better set(s) for the front and a good amp for those. Any 12 that will fit under the back seats of a crew cab pickup won't do much... .then again you may have low expectations.

If you don't already own the subs you might consider something like this:

Smaller high excursion drivers in the proper airspace will do better than cheap walmart 12s in too little space.

I get it 100% i have an old school kenwood 1600 class d on a 15 in my wifes scion that warps the whole car if u crank it ive had this amp over ten years and it was insanely expensive wen i first got it. One of those amps that just beats an beats for years on end

Lucked out today was at the u pull it yard and they drug in a 7 series bmw an dumped it in the back super nice car audio was done incredibly clean! Mounted in the trunk was an orion 4 channel 2 sets of rca and tons of wire snagged the rca's an the amp 23 bux!

Lucked out today was at the u pull it yard and they drug in a 7 series bmw an dumped it in the back super nice car audio was done incredibly clean! Mounted in the trunk was an orion 4 channel 2 sets of rca and tons of wire snagged the rca's an the amp 23 bux!
what orion what color is it? yeah lot of guys doing 4 6.5 or 8" subs under rear seats since they so much better than they used to be..

Almost doesn't matter. Even the DEI Orions were pretty solid.
yeah i was just kinda hoping it was a hcca or something crazy expensive.. i used to sell orion stuff 15yrs ago i had xtr 800.4 for 6 months ran all 4 speakers and 2 memphis 12's funny to think of running 200 watts to a sub now huh?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.