2 amps getting power + remote, not turning on.

docstrange82

I can't for the life of me figure this one out.

The power and grounds are both good according to my DMM.

The remote wire is getting power (0.1-0.2v)

The remote wire is hooked to the blue and white wire.

I've tried 2 amps, 2 fuses, and 2 capacitors.

DEX-6900BT Pioneer radio

Hifonics ZRX3216.1D Zeus and also tried Skar Audio RP-2000.1D (thought the amp was bad).

All the other speakers and such work, so totally at a loss.

I can't for the life of me figure this one out. The power and grounds are both good according to my DMM.

DEX-6900BT Pioneer radio

Hifonics ZRX3216.1D Zeus and also tried Skar Audio RP-2000.1D (thought the amp was bad).

whats the problem ?amp not turning on

I can't for the life of me figure this one out. The power and grounds are both good according to my DMM.

DEX-6900BT Pioneer radio

so lights don't come on amp?, if they do come on u did hook up rcas right? if not did u connect remote wire to switch power? u can stick wire under a switched fuse in fuse box..

remote wire should be getting 12 volts not .1 or .2 volts
I am not privy to the color coding for your hu... is the blue/white wire for a remote turn on wire or possibly a power antenna turn on lead?.. I'm reaching here but have seen something similar once... maybe the hu is bad?.. otherwise try jumping power from the power terminal to the remote... if that works then you'll need to find another switched source... but ^^^^ is correct... you should get 12v on the remote wire... not less than a volt

im pretty sure most power antenna leads are also 12v but is only active when the tuner is enabled on some head units. it sounds more like a pinched or shorted wire

im pretty sure most power antenna leads are also 12v and can be used as a remote wire as well it sounds more like a pinched or shorted wire
They are 12v... but some only go active when the tuner is in use... no kiddding... lol... it got me once

Just throwing out ideas

I am not privy to the color coding for your hu... is the blue/white wire for a remote turn on wire or possibly a power antenna turn on lead?.. I'm reaching here but have seen something similar once... maybe the hu is bad?.. otherwise try jumping power from the power terminal to the remote... if that works then you'll need to find another switched source... but ^^^^ is correct... you should get 12v on the remote wire... not less than a volt
Exactly what I was thinking about the antenna wire. The remote wire is switched on by the h/u so it sounds like the remote wire isn't getting power, so make sure you have the right wire from the h/u. I've seen solid blue and blue/white interchanged for the remote lead.

They are 12v... but some only go active when the tuner is in use... no kiddding... lol... it got me once

Just throwing out ideas
yeah i did remember that i just havent used a tuner in about 15 years lol just to use the auto preset option then never to be heard from again.

It'll still be active with the preset... but be off when using the aux, cd, bt.... etc possibly... just jump from the power terminal to the remote for a fast diagnosis... if the amp turns on it's the source thats not supplying 12v... and then you can go from there... good luck

I would ditch the capacitors....once the electrical is beefed up, won't need them. How old is the HU? You may have to go into settings menu and disable the internal amp. Thus will run the power to amps only, and not from the HU.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.