sound deadening and FAST rings?

Participant count
  • Participant list

joep1231026
10+ year member

CA
replacing four factory 6x8's with cerwin vega v468 powered by precision power p900.4 (which will be running alongside a solo x 12 and sundown saz-3000D).

is sound deadening necessary? I already do get a lot of ratting in the doors from the woofer.

if so, what is the "caraudio.com-community-accepted" process for deadening and what products would you recommend?

I like the amazon price of the Noico 80 mil butyl, but I feel like dynamat ($$$) and nvx have a better reputation...

is CCF on top of the butyl necessary?

also, WTF are FAST rings and do they work?

I would like to do as minimal as possible while keeping the sound clear and crisp.

replacing four factory 6x8's with cerwin vega v468 powered by precision power p900.4 (which will be running alongside a solo x 12 and sundown saz-3000D).
is sound deadening necessary? I already do get a lot of ratting in the doors from the woofer.

if so, what is the "caraudio.com-community-accepted" process for deadening and what products would you recommend?

I like the amazon price of the Noico 80 mil butyl, but I feel like dynamat ($$$) and nvx have a better reputation...

is CCF on top of the butyl necessary?

also, WTF are FAST rings and do they work?

I would like to do as minimal as possible while keeping the sound clear and crisp.
The FAST rings are a set of foam rings...

One ring is the same diameter as your speaker, so you peel the backing off, place it around your speaker and it makes a foam circle around your speaker to, basically mate it up with your door trim, and to kind of isolate the signal into your cabin...

The big, solid foam piece, goes in directly behind the speaker, on the outer part of your door (behind window) to dampen/absorb the back wave of your speaker/signal, basically giving you a cleaner signal because it’s not echoing off your metal door skin... The remaining ring you can trim down and use as a gasket to mount your speaker on.

The big foam piece does what a product called “Hush mat” would do... I learned the hard way not to buy both, could’ve kept my money on the hushmat... the fast rings are worth buying in IMO... Standard dampener would help your back wave a little as well, but not like that good thick foam of the fast rings...

The Hush Mat covers a bigger area and the foam “may” be slightly better... in retrospect I wouldn’t have wasted money getting both, but since I did, I’ll use the solid foam piece that came with the fast rings somewhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
51f76be64e30d7006fcb64b8152ae997.jpg
f7a8b80957ee05b9a761d85e17c1271c.jpg

I bought the fast rings and it was pointless in my application... Right behind my speakers is the anti-intrusion bar.. So the rear piece couldn't be used. The other two had to be cut down so far they were pretty pointless as well. I wish I would have just bought foam weather stripping from home depot.

Same here. In my honda, a bar is there. And there wasn't much front clearance for the front ring. Waste is money in my situation. In theory, if you can get both to fit, I believe it is definitely worth it. I have multiple layer of deadening on my doors too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.