Sponsorship

Hey guys, quick question...

How do people afford dropping a couple grand on their system? Is it all through Sponsorship? Or do they just have really good jobs? I'm looking at dropping another 9 grand just to get my system where I want it. And that's a smaller system.

PLEASE enlighten me, because I really wanna start competing.

A lot of people start small and upgrade alittle at a time. And most people this is a life style so it’s an investment of happiness. There is no price for that

Who you know makes a big difference.

I have multiple friends who are dealers for different car audio companies that give me dealer cost pricing and a buddy that owns a wood store.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if you get amps and subs free or for "team" prices that's not even half the cost of a big build where wood, fiberglass, batteries, cables, distro blocks, alternator(s), and other general building supplies will be what gobbles up your cash.... not to mention gas, tolls, and hotels if you really wanted to compete in a worldwide org.

People either come from money, make good money, or just prioritize audio or some combination of those things. Cost of a competition worthy SPL vehicle is no more than a nice bass boat, Harley, season tickets to a good football team, or a decent gun collection. Even a golf habit could easily cost 5k a year at 100$ a round at a good course going once a week, 40k+ for membership at a somewhat exclusive club and that's before you even pay greens fees to go out once.

Hey guys, quick question...
How do people afford dropping a couple grand on their system? Is it all through Sponsorship? Or do they just have really good jobs? I'm looking at dropping another 9 grand just to get my system where I want it. And that's a smaller system.

PLEASE enlighten me, because I really wanna start competing.
frank at fu audio just said he wants someone to run like 12 fu 300 subs he'll sell to at a deal so sort of sponsored subs anyway.. discount is best u can hope for until u win some comps anyway..

I would focus on your career and get a good job that provides you plenty of disposable income or make good investments. Car audio can come anytime. I could have spent a lot on car audio this year but I held off, got certifications and made investments. Its a long term income upgrade. Middle of next year i should have some good money coming in so car audio potential drastically increases.

I would focus on your career and get a good job that provides you plenty of disposable income or make good investments. Car audio can come anytime. I could have spent a lot on car audio this year but I held off, got certifications and made investments. Its a long term income upgrade. Middle of next year i should have some good money coming in so car audio potential drastically increases.
The only person I've seen from cali that's decent. Lol

I deffinetly have a good job, I'm in the army and make 4400 after taxes. Bills deffinetly come first. Once my wife starts her new job I should be able to add a piece to my system every month //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I deffinetly have a good job, I'm in the army and make 4400 after taxes. Bills deffinetly come first. Once my wife starts her new job I should be able to add a piece to my system every month //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Yeah, that's not really going to get you far if you plan to have a couple few children, but if you stick it out in the Army the benefits for you and dependents are worth a mint and the pension after 20 years is pretty choice. You'll never "have" to work again after only 20 and do whatever else you want. Pick up a useful trade in the service and/or make rank and you can write your ticket. For example, make Colonel and you can walk into any fortune 500 company as upper middle management simply on the management experience. Even make Sergeant and learn how to manage 17-18 year olds and places like McDonalds will put you right into store general manager with good prospects for promotion (actual higher management is taken care of quite well in those companies).

Learn a proper trade like how to fix things and open your own shop. Steve at Ampmedics learned electronics repair in the service and now bills 70$ an hour to repair amps! There's a guy my brother knows who buys surplus HUMVs and restores them and re-sells them in his retirement as a business/hobby.

Likely you're still young so you have plenty of time. Buy smart and upgrade a little at a time. I was in my 40s before I did my first wall build and honestly most of the big competition tier builds I see around me are guys my age.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

sgthendo

sgthendo
forney, tx
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
tymoto21