Bridging ppi 900.4 help needed

psylo535
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
tampa,fl.
Trying to bridge one amp for my mids and only have 1 set of rca's. Need the other set for the tweeter amp. How would I run the rca's to get stereo and which speaker terminals are used. Looks like r+ and l-. Is this correct ?

Trying to bridge one amp for my mids and only have 1 set of rca's. Need the other set for the tweeter amp. How would I run the rca's to get stereo and which speaker terminals are used. Looks like r+ and l-. Is this correct ?
i use RCA y splitters and use channel 1 and 2 for left, 3 and 4 for right

i use RCA y splitters and use channel 1 and 2 for left, 3 and 4 for right
Thanks. And set the switch to 4 channel or 2. Also was I right about speaker connections. They don't have any markings on them

Why are you confused. I know exactly what I got. No confusion here
This thread is about your PPI amp right? Show me where your talking about a Soundstream amp. You don't see the confusion or just plain stupid.

Just curious... Why in gods name are you running 500WPC to Mids?
Dont knock it until you try it. Its heavenly bliss. Anyone that's bridged their 4 channels for more power can verify how big of an improvement it is for your front stage. I'm not talking about the SPL crowds, the SQ people on DIYMA do it too. Your speakers always handle a lot more power than you think they can handle, all the distortion and breakup you hear is from the amp not making enough clean power a huge majority of the times, however people always blame the speaker but thats completely not true.

This thread is about your PPI amp right? Show me where your talking about a Soundstream amp. You don't see the confusion or just plain stupid.
soundstream 900.4 and ppi 900.4, nvx jad 800.4, polk 4000.4, hertz hcp are all the same exact amp board, different heat sink. I thought most people on this website know this fact by now. OP is not confused, he just assumed its common knowledge.

Dont knock it until you try it. Its heavenly bliss. Anyone that's bridged their 4 channels for more power can verify how big of an improvement it is for your front stage. I'm not talking about the SPL crowds, the SQ people on DIYMA do it too. Your speakers always handle a lot more power than you think they can handle, all the distortion and breakup you hear is from the amp not making enough clean power a huge majority of the times, however people always blame the speaker but thats completely not true.

soundstream 900.4 and ppi 900.4, nvx jad 800.4, polk 4000.4, hertz hcp are all the same exact amp board, different heat sink. I thought most people on this website know this fact by now. OP is not confused, he just assumed its common knowledge.

I guess, I put 200W on my comps and its a bit much for me... But I am getting older (Not Gramps old as my junk still works without a blue pill)

Thank you. I assumed everyone knew they are same too

Thank you. I assumed everyone knew they are same too
Uh nope. Not everyone has that knowledge. May have been said/told/mentioned a few times but not gonna remember it. Don't assume everything or even anything on everyone. Gonna get yourself into trouble that way. Oh I just assumed everyone knew how to bridge a 4 ch amp...guess looking/searching on the internet or even a youtube video didn't do any good huh?

Uh nope. Not everyone has that knowledge. May have been said/told/mentioned a few times but not gonna remember it. Don't assume everything or even anything on everyone. Gonna get yourself into trouble that way. Oh I just assumed everyone knew how to bridge a 4 ch amp...guess looking/searching on the internet or even a youtube video didn't do any good huh?
Do you ever offer any help or just talk a bunch of **** on every thread.I asked a simple question and if you don't have an answer than stfu

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.