Epicenter Recommendation

Louiss11

High ill be listening to hip rap rb music mainly

what epicenter do you recommend?

Also do epicenters make a real difference in bass quality? sorry im new to this

I heard certain epicenters sound better for certain types of music.

I'll have a jl audio 12 w6 running of a jl 1000/1 monoblock amp ....thanks

High ill be listening to hip rap rb music mainly
what epicenter do you recommend?

Also do epicenters make a real difference in bass quality? sorry im new to this

I heard certain epicenters sound better for certain types of music.

I'll have a jl audio 12 w6 running of a jl 1000/1 monoblock amp ....thanks
They belong in the trash, complete pieces of sh*t, especially if you listen to rap, hip hop and stuff, you'll blow your subst with an epicenter. If you got spare money, put it in a custom enclosure tailored to your vehicle acoustics, and Sub's electromechanical parameters meaning you need someone that knows what they are doing box building wise. Not some mofo that just looks at recommended airspace and builds a random box without measuring anything.

If you are using a pre-built box then thats even more reason why you arent satisfied.

The epicenter was designed to restore the bass in old recordings that had little bass originally. Pretty much nothing recorded after the late 60’s or early 70’s needs epicenter restoration.

Using a epicenter on modern rap or hip hop is only going to add a ton of distortion.

The epicenter was designed to restore the bass in old recordings that had little bass originally. Pretty much nothing recorded after the late 60’s or early 70’s needs epicenter restoration.Using a epicenter on modern rap or hip hop is only going to add a ton of distortion.
its not really restoring anything, its just glorified a bass boost knob with centered frequencies and Q factor. You get the same results by raising the gain to match the song's bass recording level which directly affects your head unit pre-out.

The lc2i has a mini epicenter built into it. And for rap and hip hop all youll do is distort the shit out of it and make it sound muddy and ugly.

Not trying hijack homies thread, but if I’m somewhat “stuck” needing an lc2 (the whole factory HU preouts delima[emoji30])

I can kind of diminish the unwanted “accubass” crap by keeping the associated “knobs” for that to a minimal, correct?

I’d kind of like to understand how the LC2 helps me improve my sound quality/signal...

I assume it has to do with the preouts I’d get with an aftermarket putting out a higher voltage than just going “speaker level input”...

Therefore I also assume that the “line driver” aspect of the lc2 corrects that (even though the voltage it claims is much higher than that of the standard aftermarket preout) gives me a more suitable voltage... which in turn gives me a more suitable signal???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2011-09-25_16-59-13_124.jpg

It’s exactly like this but with a 12

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.