Boat amp (for subs)

Participant count
  • Participant list

FUN4ME

So Cal
Hi guys, been lurking for a while, reading all I can.

Looking to put a system in a boat, using Dayton 15" RSS390HO-4 , they will be in 2 ported boxes wired to 2 Ohms, need 1600 watts rms.

I'll have 2 batteries for the stereo only, and will do the best I can on the "big 3" but most listening will be with the motor off.

I would rather have extra power and turn the gain down, but I don't want to spend crazy money either.

I am looking at the following amps;

Orion XTR 2500.1Dz

PRV AD3500.1

Taramp HD3000-1

The are all $350ish.

What would you use or do you have a different recommendation?

Thanks Erich

Id look into getting a Marine amp. Majority of marine amps withstand moisture as regular amps will not/do not and will begin to rust being exposed to moisture and or salt water particles in the humidity, unless you can conceal them properly from exposure. Just my 0.02 cents

The same goes with the speakers. Doesnt take much to have speakers getting damaged from exposed moisture or the sun rays either that will ruin a speaker or sub within a short period of time.

Thanks for the reply

Fresh water boat, in California and Arizona.

Electronics and subs will be well protected.

Already have Rockford Fosgate marine speakers that are exposed.

Thanks Again Erich

Id look at the most effeceint amp possible due to the batter bank on tap.Those listed are kinda power hogs in my opinion.Id go with the PRV or Taramps and be a space saver as well.Both have been proven to be great amps from others testing and using,and have been happy so far

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.