How much needs spent on a 4 ch. amp for four components?

Thanks. What's economical for sound deadening? It's an Acura 03 RSX. The rear 6" are in sort of a baffle but front doors are not

yeah 900.4 very strong but u missed out on smaller rf 4 channel sale last week on amazon was $78.. the ions are about $130-$180 520 or 1000 depending where u find it very very small amp but like popwar said do rated power just no wasted space inside..

yeah i just removed my rear speakers and i don't even have amp on fronts and they sound fine., u could just get a 100x2 amp, run rears off hu..

We could try that. I would have to be careful, the front are only like 40 RMS.

I forgot to mention my son has a Kenwood Kac M1804 4 ch. amp. He got it for like 30 bucks of his buddy. It is a marine amp I think. May this is causing the speakers to sound "shrill"? It is hard to explain but they just do not sound that good, to me at least. Looking to get a thick, warm sound but just is not happening.

Could the head unit cause this? he has one of the basic JVC units that was around 70 bucks.

That's some cheap stuff he has. I wouldn't expect any of it to "sound good". In order to get some comps to sound good, you need a good decent set and about 2-3x power than "HU power". 40 watts isn't near enough to make them shine. A better HU too might be needed too. @Jeffdacheff has a solid background when it comes to stuff like this.

I just ordered a Orion cobalt 1500.4 for $97 new for my tweeters lol. Has three 25a fuses and should be good for 750watts prly. That seems like a good budget 4ch. Will let you you after it comes and I hook it up

Cool I will check that out thanks!

I did some reading and searching and found these 2 i was considering. The Alpine owners are REAL happy with the performance on using 4 components.

Alpine KTP-445U

Rockford Fosgate R300x4

Both are around $110

We could try that. I would have to be careful, the front are only like 40 RMS.

I forgot to mention my son has a Kenwood Kac M1804 4 ch. amp. He got it for like 30 bucks of his buddy. It is a marine amp I think. May this is causing the speakers to sound "shrill"? It is hard to explain but they just do not sound that good, to me at least. Looking to get a thick, warm sound but just is not happening.

Could the head unit cause this? he has one of the basic JVC units that was around 70 bucks.
absolutely can. minimum requirement for a head unit is 24 bit dac, 13 band or higher EQ, 4 volt pre-out, time alignment capabilities. Its the amp and also your overall install. You cant just toss speakers onto a door and expect them to sound good, you need to turn the door into a proper speaker enclosure in order to get any warm sound.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.