HELP with Comp. 6.5" Speakers--NEW Alpine Type X or JL C5650 or Infinity Perfect 600

socal2fast

So.Cal.
out of those I'd lean on the alpine. if the tweeter wasn't too big I'd suggest the new Memphis viv components but it's tweeter I'd much larger.

now while I'm prolly not 100% factually true it is my experience that smaller tweeters have issues crossing over at low frequencies say 2500-3000hz and that most people typically cross them higher at 2800-3500hz to prolong tweeter life.

if you have to cross that high the mid now has to make up foe it by playing higher in the band pass. some mids get muddy when you cross them high. typically a light paper/cellulose cone helps with this and a nice strong motor like the neo in the alpine should also help.

Hi Guys
I'm looking at these 3 sets that the local show has. I like that they have the 1" tweeters so that I can use them in the stock tweeter spot.

Witch of these 3 do you like the best and why?

Thanks for any info.

JL C5

C5-650 - Car Audio - C5 - Component Systems - JL Audio

Perfect 600

https://www.infinityspeakers.com/component-sys/INFINITY+PERFECT+600.html

Alpine Type X

https://alpine-usa.com/product/view/x-s65c
a0a1f2bf06085f4bb9250a07ef830069.jpg

I tend to believe JL Audio backs up the complicated scientific principals when it comes to the higher end products.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.