Upgrading from stock speakers, point me in the right direction !

raider89
10+ year member

OH
I have a 2015 Lancer.

Stock speakers don't get loud at all, sound crappy and any bass just crackles and cant handle it.

Here's what I have come up with so far.

Infinity Kappa 60csx

6-1/2" component speaker system in front and rear doors.

Infinity KAPPAFOUR 125W x 4 Full Range Class D Amplifier

Kenwood DDX374BT

DVD receiver

Anything else I should consider or recommendations ?

Budget is $1000 for everything.

Give a visit on Speakerchampion.com and check out the speaker listed there. Hope your asking will be filliped //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :D
uhhhhh, whuuuuu?? anyways

I have a 2015 Lancer.
Stock speakers don't get loud at all, sound crappy and any bass just crackles and cant handle it.

Infinity Kappa 60csx

Kenwood DDX374BT

DVD receiver

you want real sound? get an active capable deck and run all 4 channels to the front end. Also, you dirty double poster you!!! Also, also, in your other thread, it looks all good for the most part, but if youre wanting REAL good sound, go active and get dayton audio speakers all around (or better drivers if you can budget it). If you dont know what active is, we can definitely help.

That website is interesting [emoji53]. The infinity kappa is solid. Lots of options in that price range. I would suggest hitting some shops and see what sounds good to you. Whatever you get, treat the doors to help them shine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uhhhhh, whuuuuu?? anyways

you want real sound? get an active capable deck and run all 4 channels to the front end. Also, you dirty double poster you!!! Also, also, in your other thread, it looks all good for the most part, but if youre wanting REAL good sound, go active and get dayton audio speakers all around (or better drivers if you can budget it). If you dont know what active is, we can definitely help.
I got a little impatient ha, wasn't getting any hits after a day so I put it in the general forum and it seems to be pretty active there. Have gotten a lot of help though.

I got a little impatient ha, wasn't getting any hits after a day so I put it in the general forum and it seems to be pretty active there. Have gotten a lot of help though.
its all good, every noob has done it including myself back in the day. are you willing to sacrifice your read stage in order to go active up front? its the best way to get proper staging (nobody around here with any real know-how will support the idea of running rears for proper sound) but requires you to only run a front stage

its all good, every noob has done it including myself back in the day. are you willing to sacrifice your read stage in order to go active up front? its the best way to get proper staging (nobody around here with any real know-how will support the idea of running rears for proper sound) but requires you to only run a front stage
The only thing I worry about it being able to adjust everything and fine tune it to get the full effect.

The only thing I worry about it being able to adjust everything and fine tune it to get the full effect.
thats not a worry with the amount of knowledge around here and the willingness of sharing said knowledge. jeff, losisatool, los33 just to name a few can tell you what freq's to set each crossover point at to give you a starting point that would be safe for the drivers and you can adjust to your ears liking from there

plus the googles should be strong with you if you plan on doing anything such as what youre already talking about doing
I have been using the hell out of google here lately, just read about active yesterday so that is still pretty new, as far as installation goes I have no worries about that. Just so many options hard to make up my mind.

I have been using the hell out of google here lately, just read about active yesterday so that is still pretty new, as far as installation goes I have no worries about that. Just so many options hard to make up my mind.
go active with some decent raw drivers. there, made up your mind for ya just now LOL jk but seriously, active is apparently the way to go. Im waiting for the dough to up my electrical so i can put a Phoenix Gold ELITE.4 on some daytons or whatever i end up being able to afford beyond the daytons and go active. My list of needs is long before i can do that, but thats my plan

Your system can sound very good without going active.

Absolutely, and I did my utmost to get that quality. Then, I finally bit the bullet and got an active HU, and HOLY COW what a difference! Initial difference was meh, but once I took a few hours to tweak crossovers, EQ, timing, it was night and day. Even now, I still tweak it here and there and get a little more quality out of it.

I have a 2015 Lancer.

Infinity Kappa 60csx

Kenwood DDX374BT

DVD receiver

Its 1000% not the speaker's fault Its the stock deck with 3-5 watts of power. Not enough power = sh*t distortion and break up due to the internal amp reaching limits. guarantee you if you put an amp on it and swap out the head unit to an SQ oriented head unit, do a proper tune and you'll see the biggest change possible. If I can make 2007 accord stock speakers sound competition grade, you can make your 2015 lancer speakers sound good. They become a totally different animal with power and processing. PS the 2007 stock accord speakers sounded like complete sh*t with the stock head unit. Same issues you have, cant handle bass, not loud, etc... With power and processing and crossovers, its slamming the bass and you cant hear the other person in the car even when yelling at the top of your lungs meanwhile maintaining great clarity and soundstage. yes all from stock speakers, head unit and amp.

Your system can sound very good without going active.

right... I suppose you magically have a way to perfectly time align mids and tweets that are in totally different places but are lumped into one measurement... Or you have a way that magically makes the passive crossover work well with the vehicle's particular acoustics and possible phase/ reflection issues causing peaks/dips without the ability of changing the crossover point and slope. Deadening only helps soo much on the midbass but the upper midrange to tweeter blend is a hotspot issue that plagues most passive component setups. An issue that EQ cannot ever hope to solve.

I mean it can sound okay, just when you want perfection, there's no way in hell a passive set will win unless you get lucky with a set that works with your car acoustics which doesnt happen often.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.