Help for ideas to mount amp

Participant count
  • Participant list
I'm interested in mounting my amp to the back seat instead of how it's just lying there. But I was wondering if there is any way to mount it to the back seat without doing permanent damage to it? Like screw holes? I'm thinking screw the amp to a sheet of mdf and then mount that sheet to the back somehow in a proper solid way? The back of my seat have a plastic-ish cover since it's a SUV hatch.

I'm interested in mounting my amp to the back seat instead of how it's just lying there. But I was wondering if there is any way to mount it to the back seat without doing permanent damage to it? Like screw holes? I'm thinking screw the amp to a sheet of mdf and then mount that sheet to the back somehow in a proper solid way? The back of my seat have a plastic-ish cover since it's a SUV hatch.
yes the mdf to seats is fine. Industrial strength velcrow is actually super strong. I used it for my 120 lb subwoofer box in my old corolla and that car was flipped and totalled but the sub box stayed the same exact place from the velcrow.

yes the mdf to seats is fine. Industrial strength velcrow is actually super strong. I used it for my 120 lb subwoofer box in my old corolla and that car was flipped and totalled but the sub box stayed the same exact place from the velcrow.
If going velcro, might as well just stick it the the amp directly. Found that velcro on some threads. Do you know which velcro you had exactly?

Did you use 2 pieces of velvro, like one that has the rough part and the other soft part or just slap the grippy part on the sub?

If going velcro, might as well just stick it the the amp directly. Found that velcro on some threads. Do you know which velcro you had exactly?
Did you use 2 pieces of velvro, like one that has the rough part and the other soft part or just slap the grippy part on the sub?
the ones you get from home depot thats labeled industrial strength. Comes in strips, pads whatever shape or size you want.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.