MidnightNarwhal

Help for ideas to mount amp

I'm interested in mounting my amp to the back seat instead of how it's just lying there. But I was wondering if there is any way to mount it to the back seat without doing permanent damage to it? Like screw holes? I'm thinking screw the amp to a sheet of mdf and then mount that sheet to the back somehow in a proper solid way? The back of my seat have a plastic-ish cover since it's a SUV hatch.

I'm interested in mounting my amp to the back seat instead of how it's just lying there. But I was wondering if there is any way to mount it to the back seat without doing permanent damage to it? Like screw holes? I'm thinking screw the amp to a sheet of mdf and then mount that sheet to the back somehow in a proper solid way? The back of my seat have a plastic-ish cover since it's a SUV hatch.

yes the mdf to seats is fine. Industrial strength velcrow is actually super strong. I used it for my 120 lb subwoofer box in my old corolla and that car was flipped and totalled but the sub box stayed the same exact place from the velcrow.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

yes the mdf to seats is fine. Industrial strength velcrow is actually super strong. I used it for my 120 lb subwoofer box in my old corolla and that car was flipped and totalled but the sub box stayed the same exact place from the velcrow.

If going velcro, might as well just stick it the the amp directly. Found that velcro on some threads. Do you know which velcro you had exactly?

Did you use 2 pieces of velvro, like one that has the rough part and the other soft part or just slap the grippy part on the sub?

If going velcro, might as well just stick it the the amp directly. Found that velcro on some threads. Do you know which velcro you had exactly?

Did you use 2 pieces of velvro, like one that has the rough part and the other soft part or just slap the grippy part on the sub?

the ones you get from home depot thats labeled industrial strength. Comes in strips, pads whatever shape or size you want.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

the ones you get from home depot thats labeled industrial strength. Comes in strips, pads whatever shape or size you want.

Ok thanks I'll give that a look.

If going velcro, might as well just stick it the the amp directly.

I would use wood. Might be the amp heats up a bit and the glue on the velcro strip softens and/or fails.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now