Speaker Install Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

nawcor

I'm installing new door speakers and I'm running new speaker wire to the amp on a stock radio.

Do I run the new wire just off the speakers themselves straight to the amp or do I split them from the stock radio wires and then run them to the amp?

It's been awhile since I've done an install and I can't seem to remember the answer.

You just run the wire to the amp. The amp has connections either through RCA cables or high wire that go from the head unit to the AMPLIFIER. The AMPLIFIER takes the signal from the head unit, and AMPLIFIES the signal sending more power to the speakers. If you were to wire both, you would be trying to take the same input from the head unit and the amplifier. Not sure how that would work, either playing both signals and sounding like it was a constant echo, or the amplifier may drown it out. Either way, Just wire the speakers through the amplifier.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.