Transaction between myself, audiobaun, bigblank69

Participant count
  • Participants list

Boomin_tahoe
5,000+ posts

Hurtin' feelings errrday.
WA
As some of you may know already or by now, I recently bought an ED Nine.5 amp from @audiobaun....prob about a month ago and today (Monday) I just now finally received it. Now before the negativity sets in, I didn't get it within a few weeks for good reason. He was in the middle of starting a business...and therefor didn't hear from him for a few days but he was keeping up with the communication with me which is upmost important to me, or anybody doing business online. I wasn't getting discouraged at all, knowing I wouldn't be able to install it until next summer, and being the holiday season, it's the busiest with a lot of folks....and can be stressful for some. That said, I asked if audiobaun would be willing to send it to @bigblank69 to bench test it, since he's on a amp testing binge, lol. He didn't hesitate to say yes. Had it for less than a week then finally shipped to me. It wasn't a pretty penny to ship either and he did let me know about it. I offered any amount of $$ to make up for it but he said nah man...it's cool. Will be posting pics of this monstrous amp soon.

So....between these 2 people, I would def not hesitate to do some sort of transaction with them.

William, Ryan....again thanks guys for making this very smooth. Was my idea to begin with and it worked great. And again, Ryan....appreciate the test results man. I don't know if it would have gotten tested at all if it wasn't for you :D William...this is by far the biggest 5 ch amp I've ever had, and I've owned a few 5 ch amps in the past, but nowhere near as big as this. I shall baby it to the best I can.

zq0B5Bl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
did it do 6 or 700 rms on sub channel? i bought e designs subs when they 1st came out..
So did I...had 2 12's with blue letter "e" on dustcaps. You shall find test results in the amps thread.

Hey, I apologize .. Been very busy lately..These 14-16 hr days are, I believe going to be the Norm for quite a while..or at least till June that I know of. It sounds like it made both destinations quite well. I felt like I packed it fairly well,LOL. It is a big/large amp,and has a great crossover section on it as well. Its really a great amp.I hope that you enjoy it.I really dont have a use for it right now, and I really wanted it to go to someone that will actually use it rather than have it sitting.I had planned on using it on my front stage on my new build out with a pair of approx 400-600 rms tens under the front seats on the sub stage at around 40-50 htz , but have changed it to a pair of zed Micros and placing an Autotek Mean Machine 44 on ea.ten instead. I am looking to start clearing out my collection of amps(50+) starting just after the Tax return season to give those a chance to own a real gem and to be able to move them on out.Ill say that shipping has really gone up this last year so much.

No worries. 50+ amps?! There's people that have 4x that amount. Over at DIY old school thread, there's pages of people hoarding amps as a collection and that blew me away. That's $$ just sitting around, but I guess it's no different if it was antique's or something else...

I did have this amp running my entire truck temp. at one time on my CDT Braxal set with my CDT CL set, a set of Kicker KS-25 tweets and a set of CDT Tweets, and an XFL DVC 2 ohm 12 in 2.0@32 htz, with my Eclipse HU and a Kicker KQ-9 EQ, and did absolutely fantastic.I ran that until I built my 4-single chamber enclosure for my other DVC 4 ohm XFL 12s. the sub stage on that amp pushed that XFL pretty nice and everything sounded pretty clean as well. I wasnt expecting much to be honest out of a 5 ch amp but it served well and was actually surprised.I was trying to find an older US Amps Merlin 5 ch that had that 1k substage, but LOL, thats became quite a task to locate over time and my patience grew weak of course.I had to have some tunes, and didnt feel to do a multiple amp set up for temp setting.I think you will be quite pleased with it.They have become quite Rare, and most found are not in the best of shape.I think I took decent care of it though.It was kept indoors in my Audio room in my home as I have always done with all my amps and audio gear.I do have I believe 3-4 more large amps that size in there or close to it.LOL..

No worries. 50+ amps?! There's people that have 4x that amount. Over at DIY old school thread, there's pages of people hoarding amps as a collection and that blew me away. That's $$ just sitting around, but I guess it's no different if it was antique's or something else...
Yes I used to get hit up quite a bit on my old Autoteks Means and BTS series and the HiFonics VII, and VIII series and JBLs on a few of those Facebook sites and used be on DIYMA quite a bit, but i have faded out a bit since.I had quite a few very Massive collections that at one point I had stopped counting at 130,and those were some cream of the crop,and quite desirable. I still see quite a few of my old amps being sold on Ebay today,and can still remember what vehicles I had it in and what I placed it on.Then wondering why the hell I let that one go.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I am curious to see what that amp tested out at.As you have said, I dont believe that I have ever seen any test results either of a 9-5. So, that should be interesting..I still have a Nine-1, but this one will be a repaired one as a solder joint came loose on the board and will, be rejoined,and should work just fine.That amp did nice on a pair of Dayton HO 10s

So did I...had 2 12's with blue letter "e" on dustcaps. You shall find test results in the amps thread.
That's was the end series built by resonance(aka dds buildhouse) friend had 6 in a wall doing 156s tuned to 33. It was MEAN for having 2400 rms..

That's was the end series built by resonance(aka dds buildhouse) friend had 6 in a wall doing 156s tuned to 33. It was MEAN for having 2400 rms..
Were they 15's? Might have seen a pic of them...

Feed back sent sir.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/santa.gif.e1ec9cf2e0a0dd232ad35aa594a126d0.gif I thank you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Boomin_tahoe

5,000+ posts
Hurtin' feelings errrday.
Boomin_tahoe
WA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies