Why is new RE XXX not good?

Hey guys,

I’m just wondering why the new RE XXX is considered so inferior to the 02-05 model? What changed that much? The cosmetics of the sub are insane as it’s massive, and has an Xmax of 54 mm which is pretty insane. I plan on ordering two SSA ZCONS soon, but saw a sale for two RE XXX 12 for $900 near me. The zcon would still be superior right? Is the xxx truly not worth it anymore?

Brand new $$$ is insane for them. But I found a good used xxx 15 v2 a while back and loved it. Absolutely hands down one of my best sounding subs and was just so clean and played soooo looowwww cleanly. But if your spending new money hit up @denim and get those ssa zcons. They are hands down a great company from top to bottom.

Op what's your goals and power? If your running a hifonics or something those zcons will laugh at it. If it were me and I was spending 1k$ on subs two x series wouldn't be bad. But then again what are you expecting from your system. Spl monster? Low end wind tunnel? Etc....details and these guys won't steer you wrong.

So what makes the new one so inferior to the old. I see lots of times of transition and the vaunted company gets a bad wrap, sometimes undeserved, mostly deserved.

Did they start using inferior materials? Change the design? Etc?

I loved my old XXX's.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I never understood why people gave the newer xxx generation so much flack. As Lbetts818 said, and as will I, our newer ones do sound great.

If it's due to the price tag, I get that. Buying them new is a tough purchase to justify.

It's the price. After RE was bought out the prices jumped and most if not all of the designs were cheapened. I remember when RE SE's sold new for $99. Now they are pushing $200 and have a big piece of plastic hiding the tiny cheap ass motor.

It's the price. After RE was bought out the prices jumped and most if not all of the designs were cheapened. I remember when RE SE's sold new for $99. Now they are pushing $200 and have a big piece of plastic hiding the tiny cheap ass motor.
Other mfgr's doing the same thing....making the "magnet" seem bigger but it's just a big plastic "cup"/piece covering it. Like wtf for?! I wanna pay for a raw stout looking sub, not one that's gonna be made of plastic!!

Image Dynamics was bought out by Powerbass a few years ago and the original founder of ID was pushed out during the buyout.
This was at least 5 years ago. I know owner left, I think he was part of Oncore audio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bigmak927

bigmak927
Detroit, MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
jordon