bigmak927

Why is new RE XXX not good?

Hey guys,

I’m just wondering why the new RE XXX is considered so inferior to the 02-05 model? What changed that much? The cosmetics of the sub are insane as it’s massive, and has an Xmax of 54 mm which is pretty insane. I plan on ordering two SSA ZCONS soon, but saw a sale for two RE XXX 12 for $900 near me. The zcon would still be superior right? Is the xxx truly not worth it anymore?

That sub is not worth $600 IMO.

Pair of zcons would be much a much better option

Team Fi 12

CT 4000.1

CT 125.4

CT 60.4

Crescendo PWX Mids / STS Tweets

80PRS

CES 270 Alt

D3400 and 2 Kinetik HC2400s

Maxwell supercap banks x2

Urwifeinthepassenger

Brand new $$$ is insane for them. But I found a good used xxx 15 v2 a while back and loved it. Absolutely hands down one of my best sounding subs and was just so clean and played soooo looowwww cleanly. But if your spending new money hit up @denim and get those ssa zcons. They are hands down a great company from top to bottom.

singer 270 alt, two sundown x18 with nsv3 soft parts 1 on 2 twisted 1.8ks at .5 each. c1100.4 and lots of nendo mids and highs

Op what's your goals and power? If your running a hifonics or something those zcons will laugh at it. If it were me and I was spending 1k$ on subs two x series wouldn't be bad. But then again what are you expecting from your system. Spl monster? Low end wind tunnel? Etc....details and these guys won't steer you wrong.

singer 270 alt, two sundown x18 with nsv3 soft parts 1 on 2 twisted 1.8ks at .5 each. c1100.4 and lots of nendo mids and highs

So what makes the new one so inferior to the old. I see lots of times of transition and the vaunted company gets a bad wrap, sometimes undeserved, mostly deserved.

Did they start using inferior materials? Change the design? Etc?

I loved my old XXX's.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

High cost is prob what's driving people away. You can get something of identical or better for less $$.

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Alpine 9835

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

Wolfram amps coming soon, 3000.1, 125.4

2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.

Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

I never understood why people gave the newer xxx generation so much flack. As Lbetts818 said, and as will I, our newer ones do sound great.

If it's due to the price tag, I get that. Buying them new is a tough purchase to justify.

It's the price. After RE was bought out the prices jumped and most if not all of the designs were cheapened. I remember when RE SE's sold new for $99. Now they are pushing $200 and have a big piece of plastic hiding the tiny cheap ass motor.

giphy.gif

There is one used on ebay right now that I really want but local pickup only :(

2016 Focus ST3 - Rockford DSR1 / PPI 900.4 / Silverflute 6.5" mids / Massive CT2 tweeters /Sundown Xv2 15"/ Taramps DSP3k / Stinger Roadkill / KNU wiring / Northstar SMSAGM80 /

2010 Focus coupe 157@46hz

Pioneer 80prs /(8) FU Audio 750 12"s / (4) FSD 2600s / (1) FSD 125.4 / (1) FSD 85.4 / (4) Crescendo UN-10" mids / (4) Crescendo FT1 tweeters / Stinger Roadkill / 2/0 EB flex wire / (5) Powerware 90AH batteries / DC 270XP Alt /

https://www.youtube.com/popwarhomie

too many freq at once, burn the coil, we all know, over 40-50hz, its all coilburning material.

It's the price. After RE was bought out the prices jumped and most if not all of the designs were cheapened. I remember when RE SE's sold new for $99. Now they are pushing $200 and have a big piece of plastic hiding the tiny cheap ass motor.

Other mfgr's doing the same thing....making the "magnet" seem bigger but it's just a big plastic "cup"/piece covering it. Like wtf for?! I wanna pay for a raw stout looking sub, not one that's gonna be made of plastic!!

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Alpine 9835

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

Image dynamics had some of those magnet boots if I remember correctly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Image dynamics had some of those magnet boots if I remember correctly

Which series? ID? IDMAX?

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Alpine 9835

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

Image Dynamics was bought out by Powerbass a few years ago and the original founder of ID was pushed out during the buyout.

giphy.gif

Which series? ID? IDMAX?

ID Series. I broke it off and there was no performance change.

Image Dynamics was bought out by Powerbass a few years ago and the original founder of ID was pushed out during the buyout.

This was at least 5 years ago. I know owner left, I think he was part of Oncore audio.

Cause it a poo design that has a weak motor and entirely to much mms

Edited by Papermaker85

i told wife guy on here pm'ed me wanting to buy my amp she said tell him it not fs (cause she knows i'll spend more $ on new one) and told her i wanted d2 sub for bday next week she said tell ya'll i'm to old to go down to 1ohm lol..

[quote name='Lbetts818']Brand new $$$ is insane for them. But I found a good used xxx 15 v2 a while back and loved it. Absolutely hands down one of my best sounding subs and was just so clean and played soooo looowwww cleanly. But if your spending new money hit up @denim and get those ssa zcons. They are hands down a great company from top to bottom.[/QUOTE]

[b]Thank you.[/b] :)

car_back.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

~~ SSA Dcon / Icon / Xcon ~~

TeamSSAudio.com ~ SSA Forums ~ SSA MySpace ~ SSA Facebook Group ~ SSA Facebook Page ~ SSA Youtube

====================================================

CarAudio-Forum.com ~ HomeAudioForum.net

CarAudio.com mod(original)

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the info. Just out of curiosity, would i still be better off with the zcons over two Sundown zv5s? Which would excel where and why?

Thank you

That's like asking wether to get a Lamborghini or a Ferrari for most bassheads. Your never going to get a straight up answer unfortunately.

Hey guys,

I’m just wondering why the new RE XXX is considered so inferior to the 02-05 model? What changed that much? The cosmetics of the sub are insane as it’s massive, and has an Xmax of 54 mm which is pretty insane. I plan on ordering two SSA ZCONS soon, but saw a sale for two RE XXX 12 for $900 near me. The zcon would still be superior right? Is the xxx truly not worth it anymore?

shit motor, inefficient and unbalanced sub. All that MMS and you'll never come close to reaching half of it unless you throw a lot of power, but even then the coil might not even handle it.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now