AMM-1 Amp Dyno Video of... The Elemental Designs Nine.5

Participant count
  • Participant list

bigblank69
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Eureka, MO
Can't say I have ever seen a clamp or dyno video of one of these //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif So now we have one!

Some notes about the test:

• All Channels were driven during the test (Main channels used 4 ohm resistors, sub channel used 2 ohm resistor during 4 ohm main test. During 2 ohms test, channel 3&4 used 4 ohm resistos, ch. 1&2 used 2 ohm resistors and the Sub Channel used a 2 ohm Resistor. On Subwoofer test main channel s were driven at 4 ohms)
  • All tests conducted at 14.4V
  • All tests were conducted at 40Hz (This may be why the certified numbers on the main were not as high as expected)

I feel the amp did very well for a ten year old amp.

Thanks to Boomin_Tahoe for letting me test his amp before he even got it.

You got one also?
Oh snap lol just noticed your sig.
Yep, I've had it since they first came out. I haven't run it in almost 2 years, due to a car accident and selling my previous car (never had time to do an install) but prior to that I had no problems with it in my car for almost 4 years. Don't plan on getting rid of it either. Even convinced my roommate a couple years ago to pick one up used.

If I had the room I would rock the F U C K out of that amp. Boomin is lucky I am an honest guy otherwise that amp wouldn't have made the trip out of Illinois //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Yep, I've had it since they first came out. I haven't run it in almost 2 years, due to a car accident and selling my previous car (never had time to do an install) but prior to that I had no problems with it in my car for almost 4 years. Don't plan on getting rid of it either. Even convinced my roommate a couple years ago to pick one up used.
Sounds like your happy with it. I'll get mine installed next summer. Plenty of power on tap.

If I had the room I would rock the F U C K out of that amp. Boomin is lucky I am an honest guy otherwise that amp wouldn't have made the trip out of Illinois //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Its deff a very large amp.I ran it for a bit in my truck as a temp set up and it did really well. As I told Boomin_tahoe..I ran whats in my sig below on the front stage along with another set of CDT tweets, and on the Sub stage I ran an XFL DVC2 ohm 12 in 2.0@32 htz,and that Eclipse Hu,along with the Kicker KQ9 EQ,and was quite surprised with the amp. I always kept my voltage up at 14.6v and at the lowest ran like 13.2v. I was always curious as to just what that amp actually shelled out.Now we all know,and Im actually pretty stunned to be honest.Thanks for taking care of it and sending it on through to Boomin_tahoe.Its was deff one of my prized keepers for a bit.Im happy that it has gone to someone that will actually use it.Its really a great amp.

As far as 5 ch. amps go..I am in search of a US Amps- Merlin 5ch. that had a 1k sub stage I believe.Its an older amp of course.Id be curious to see some actual numbers on that amp.Pretty sure its a Merlin series.

As far as 5 ch. amps go..I am in search of a US Amps- Merlin 5ch. that had a 1k sub stage I believe.Its an older amp of course.Id be curious to see some actual numbers on that amp.Pretty sure its a Merlin series.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Us-Amps-Ax-5600-5-Channel-Chrome-Car-Amplifier-Great-Condition-/162780001142?hash=item25e671b376

Is it that one? I have a pretty good idea what one your talking about...I was gonna try and find that one too but since it's not produced anymore, would be very difficult to find.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Us-Amps-Ax-5600-5-Channel-Chrome-Car-Amplifier-Great-Condition-/162780001142?hash=item25e671b376
Is it that one? I have a pretty good idea what one your talking about...I was gonna try and find that one too but since it's not produced anymore, would be very difficult to find.
No sir that is not the one..Im pretty sure its the Merlin Series, and the guts remind me of a nice Brax amp, or old school Helix beast.When I found it, I should had picked it up about 6 years ago.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/slap.gif.87520e8ca8e90076ac30e777c0de5331.gif

[quote name='audiobaun']No sir that is not the one..Im pretty sure its the Merlin Series, and the guts remind me of a nice Brax amp, or old school Helix beast.When I found it, I should had picked it up about 6 years ago.
:slap:[/QUOTE]

Ahh....I think Merlin series is their budget line.
@bigblank69 next amp to test: Sundown Audio 1100.5 also a 5 ch amp :D

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.