Sub sonic and Low pass

I set it around 25hz and play the lowest frequency I can and turn it up until I reach my max volume or start to hear mechanical noise from the sub

If you get to max volume and still not near mechanics limits turn the ssf down and retest

Some people can play full tilt all the way down

[quote name='tymoto21']I set it around 25hz and play the lowest frequency I can and turn it up until I reach my max volume or start to hear mechanical noise from the sub
If you get to max volume and still not near mechanics limits turn the ssf down and retest
Some people can play full tilt all the way down[/QUOTE]

Which do you set at 25hz the subsonic? Because my low pass doesn't go that low. And what about the low pass setting @tymoto21.

You would set ssf at 25hz.

Personally, I set my ssf about 4-ish hz below my box tune. Especially if you have headroom with your amp, you could start bottoming out that coil real quick.

Your LPF is your preference. I have mine at 60hz on my HU and it's closely matched on my amp.

Some people will set it higher, more around the 80hz range.

You would set ssf at 25hz.
Personally, I set my ssf about 4-ish hz below my box tune. Especially if you have headroom with your amp, you could start bottoming out that coil real quick.

Your LPF is your preference. I have mine at 60hz on my HU and it's closely matched on my amp.

Some people will set it higher, more around the 80hz range.
60hz on the hu under the Subwoofer setting? I have a pioneer and it has a million settings I don't understand lol. What would the difference between 60hz and 80hz? I need help with the understanding of the HU and amp.

60hz on the hu under the Subwoofer setting? I have a pioneer and it has a million settings I don't understand lol. What would the difference between 60hz and 80hz? I need help with the understanding of the HU and amp.
i'd recommend googling every setting your pioneer has and learning about hz and frequencies outright. It'll be a 2 hour lecture to teach you all these questions you ask lol.

yeah do that (80-100hz) if u have ok speakers... i have my hp on speakers at 120 so i set lp on sub at 120 let the sub play what my coax can't...

Set this on the amp correct?
yeah but if u have lp xover on hu u can use that just because it's easier to change and u have more exact # u can see being digital... at amp turn it to off/pass though or just all the way up like 200 or whatever it goes to, once u have it set to 80-100hz on hu...

yeah but if u have lp xover on hu u can use that just because it's easier to change and u have more exact # u can see being digital... at amp turn it to off/pass though or just all the way up like 200 or whatever it goes to, once u have it set to 80-100hz on hu...
Yes I have the lpf on the amp and hu..... Sorry to be so repetitive....just tryin to get it right. So on the lp on the amp turn it all the way up and adjust it from the hu? The pic in the original post is my actual amp. On amp lp goes to 250hz and sub sonic goes to 35hz. Let me add that it has lp setting under Subwoofer central and in regular settings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I have the lpf on the amp and hu..... Sorry to be so repetitive....just tryin to get it right. So on the lp on the amp turn it all the way up and adjust it from the hu? The pic in the original post is my actual amp. On amp lp goes to 250hz and sub sonic goes to 35hz. Let me add that it has lp setting under Subwoofer central and in regular settings.
yep thats how mine is 120hz on hu and 200 on amp.. just do it turn it up 1/2 way and go listen to sub if no words are coming out of sub it's good, u can't hurt anything..

Ok cool. My box should be done next week and I'll give it a go. Another question is will changing the eq settings change the way the sub sounds or does the eq only adjust highs and mids?

Ok cool. My box should be done next week and I'll give it a go. Another question is will changing the eq settings change the way the sub sounds or does the eq only adjust highs and mids?
Depends on what freq you're changing.

If you scale back anything 50hz and below it will impact your sub output.

If you changing stuff in the mid/high range 80hz-10khz then there should be no impact on the sub output. If there is then something isn't right.

if u adjust anything below the lp xover setting it will.. don't boost anything below 100hz it can just cause your reg speakers to distort and don't use preset eq.. use manual one if u don't know the freqs look them up (mine just says band 1-13) 1 on mine is 63hz your maybe 35hz idk.. don't use any of the like drive eq that raises volume when u speed up, u can try the car type (mines better off) stage setting on low is ok for some songs funny thing is it makes speakers sound higher instead of deeper lol.. set your time alignment (may say dta settings) where u tell hu what size speakers u have, where there are and where u sit and put in distance from each speaker to your head if your hu has that..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.