Zv5 10 or xv2 10?

Participant count
  • Participants list

Aygodriver1212

Senior VIP Member
Amsterdam
Hi guys,

I currently own a B2 HN10, but would like to go back to Sundown.

Now, I'm not completely sure if I should go for the xv2 10" series,

or if I should 'upgrade' to a zv5 10? Is that worth the upgrade?

I would just like that phat surround, and I need lows badly.

I feel like these Sundowns would do much better.

Thanks guys!

Hi guys,
I currently own a B2 HN10, but would like to go back to Sundown.

Now, I'm not completely sure if I should go for the xv2 10" series,

or if I should 'upgrade' to a zv5 10? Is that worth the upgrade?

I would just like that phat surround, and I need lows badly.

I feel like these Sundowns would do much better.

Thanks guys!
If you still have the rf amp, the x10 in d2 would do well.

If you still have the rf amp, the x10 in d2 would do well.
I am planning to upgrade and run about 3500 RMS max.

I would run a 5k on the Zv5.
So you're saying, more power and go for zv?

Edit: are these kind of subs even worth going for if I get a 10"? I feel like running 1 10 does so much less than a 12 or 15,

but I can't fit any bigger lmao.

Try it and find out.....1 10 tho is kinda small for output but you might be surprised.
I've always ran 1 10, I heard one of the 15" nightshades the other day after I built a box for the customer tuned at 26hz, that thing was slapping. Now I know it's not gonna be the same as a 15 for sure, but imo that Nightshade looks a LOT beefier and more capable of hitting lows than the B2. No disrespect, this B2 hits hard but that surround makes me jelly af.

By the way, does anyone have double 1 / 2 ohm specs on these ZV5, XV2 and NSV3 10" woofers?

It also doesn't display depth of the Nightshade one on the website. Forgot to add the Nightshade as option here, I am doubting between the three.

I've always ran 1 10, I heard one of the 15" nightshades the other day after I built a box for the customer tuned at 26hz, that thing was slapping. Now I know it's not gonna be the same as a 15 for sure, but imo that Nightshade looks a LOT beefier and more capable of hitting lows than the B2. No disrespect, this B2 hits hard but that surround makes me jelly af.
By the way, does anyone have double 1 / 2 ohm specs on these ZV5, XV2 and NSV3 10" woofers?
Check the website? Welcome to Sundown Audio. Subwoofers, Amplifiers, Speakers, Wire, Accessories and more. Car Audio Manufacturer.

I was smart enough to try that, god dang haha... It's been like this for a while.

9FJVv_MdQIyoh2231H0CHA.png

[quote name='Aygodriver1212']I was smart enough to try that, god dang haha... It's been like this for a while.

9FJVv_MdQIyoh2231H0CHA.png
[/QUOTE]

Ah....someone mentioned the website was down so wasn't sure if it was back up or not. Seems Jacob needs to have the webmaster update it.

Lemme see if he can get some answers for ya @sundownz

[quote name='Boomin_tahoe']Ah....someone mentioned the website was down so wasn't sure if it was back up or not. Seems Jacob needs to have the webmaster update it.

Lemme see if he can get some answers for ya @sundownz[/QUOTE]

What ya think about this X.V2 10" curve?
.85 cubic feet tuned to 28 with a huge *** port but the curve looks god dang flat, should play decaf fine and stay clean.
The air velocity is under 100 ft/s at 2500 RMS. Should be fine?

According to Sundown U.K. dealer the X.V2 will be able to do much more in my small car because the bigger sub will need more room / power to get it moving.

UkWw3cJ8QzCnEadqRS9i6Q.png

I am planning to upgrade and run about 3500 RMS max.

So you're saying, more power and go for zv?

Edit: are these kind of subs even worth going for if I get a 10"? I feel like running 1 10 does so much less than a 12 or 15,

but I can't fit any bigger lmao.
If your goal is 3500wrms, zv5, just go easy on the gains. The 10 ported would require 1.5cuft ported, after sub and port displacement.

If your goal is 3500wrms, zv5, just go easy on the gains. The 10 ported would require 1.5cuft ported, after sub and port displacement.
Check out comment above urs, that's an x v2 10 curve, I only have like 2/2.5 cubic feet total max available for port and enclosure.
The curve above is .8 cubic feet enclosure volume with about 1 cubic feet of port tuned to 28hz, looks good.

Edit: the amp will do 3500 rms max but it might be for future purpose, right now I'll be able to throw 2000 watts at it and play clean.

Check out comment above urs, that's an x v2 10 curve, I only have like 2/2.5 cubic feet total max available for port and enclosure.
The curve above is .8 cubic feet enclosure volume with about 1 cubic feet of port tuned to 28hz, looks good.

Edit: the amp will do 3500 rms max but it might be for future purpose, right now I'll be able to throw 2000 watts at it and play clean.
Copy that, then x12v2 it is, good luck dude.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.