Need someone Computer/DSP savy to help me with my New Kicker IQ amp(usb port issue)

Participant count
  • Participant list

ccapital83
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
NY
So I have spent all night trying to get my computer to recognize this amp. I followed kickers instructions via their software and it doesn't work. I ran the computer troubleshoot and it says my computer is USB 3.0 and the amp is USB 2.0. How do I downgrade to 2.0? I have tried my desktop and laptop and get the same error message on the amp software " hardware malfunction try suggested hub ports" I am hoping the computer is right and I just need a 2.0 USB port. If there is anyone with any experience with this or really good with computers I'd love some help kicker and the dealer I bought it from is closed until Monday.

USB 3 is compatible with usb 2 devices. I dont know what you are trying to do there to downgrade...

Without knowing a single thing about what you are using, you probably need to install a driver package before plugging it in.

If you did not, Windows may have installed a generic one which has it stuck.

If it happened, you must identify what driver package was installed and remove it.

If you installed the package yourself, did you only install 1? Sometimes manufacturers offer 32 and 64b versions and other versions for various reasons.

If you installed more than 1, then you are having usb conflicting issues and need to remove ALL of them and start over.

One curious thing i'd like to see is this-

Plug USB into computer, open device manager and see what is listed.

Is unknown devices listed?

Under Ports and Coms, is there anything listed in there pertaining to the device?

Perhaps your motherboard is too weak to supply power to device?

Try another computer or use a powered usb hub.

can you fix your pics?

also, after seeing the video, do you get the under voltage light to come on?

It looks like from the video that no computer interaction is necessary to get this to link to software.

what do you mean fix? yes under voltage light comes on. the computer thinks the amp needs 2.0 port i tried deleting my 3.0 driver but it didnt help.

Wow, they must be using a very **** ROM chip on that amplifier for it not to work with usb 3.0.

Well, do you have any usb 2.0 ports on your computer?

If not, i dont know what to say except you need to find an older computer. That's pretty stupid in this day and age that everything should be progressive.

8 usb ports on this pc and 4 on my laptop all give the same error the only thing i have not tried is a different mini usb cable but I'm assuming the chance that's the culprit has to be very very slim right? its brand new from staples.

I have not tried to connect a PC to a Kicker IQ amplifier. However, based on these pictures I don't see that your computer has any trouble recognizing the amplifier. It's been a very long time since I did any PC work professionally but the typical sign of trouble under Device Manager is a yellow exclamation mark next to a device that isn't working.

You could try a different USB cable and/or wait until the dealer is open to get their take on this and figure it out.

All failed guess its a bad amp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Really? Did you take it to the dealer already?
What can they do that I did not? I have followed instructions via their video and owners manual. I also tried three computers 4 cables and 2 mobile phones Android and Apple. But yes Monday I'll be calling the dealer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.