Question about using an equalizer with crossovers

Not sure if I can use an equalizer with crossovers speakers.

My set up, stock radio, 2015 Honda accord, Alpine mrp-f600, 2 pairs of JL xr 650csi comp speakers, Memphis LL6A output converter, JL G1300 mono amp and 12" sub.

Question is if I can use an equalizer with this set up.

Would it improve the quality sound?

Don't know if it will interfere with the speakers crossovers.

Looking to get, if possible, clarion eqs755 equalizer.

Or what would you guys recommend?

Not sure if I can use an equalizer with crossovers speakers.
My set up, stock radio, 2015 Honda accord, Alpine mrp-f600, 2 pairs of JL xr 650csi comp speakers, Memphis LL6A output converter, JL G1300 mono amp and 12" sub.

Question is if I can use an equalizer with this set up.

Would it improve the quality sound?

Don't know if it will interfere with the speakers crossovers.

Looking to get, if possible, clarion eqs755 equalizer.

Or what would you guys recommend?
Hi,

Yes you can use Clarion EQS755 with your set up. The signal path would go from this:

Stock radio >>>>> Memphis LL6A >>>> MRP-F600 & G1300 >>>> Speakers & Sub

to this:

Stock radio >>>> Memphis LL6A >>>> Clarion EQS755 >>>> MRP-F600 & G1300 >>>> Speakers & Sub

To make the best use of the extra knobs, of which the intent is to improve the quality of sound, you will need to run extra RCA cables.

Where would you mount the equalizer? It's a 1/2 DIN equalizer, which is a relic from the 80s and 90s when it was super common to have a rectangular opening in the dash to stuff one of these things. Otherwise it could be screwed onto the underside of the dash or to the side of a console. Basically they were often rigged up and not elegantly integrated into the interior. Does this sound familiar?

LOL, yeah, old, just look at my comp speakers...old.

What would you recommend to get?

I been improving this set up, but it seems that the sound it's not there, I already sealed one door and it sounds better, but something is missing. Tomorrow will finish the right door and hopefully been done same day, hope so.

First time doing this and it's a pain ......but learning something new.

I was looking to get some CDT or Focal speakers, but this old JL seems to do the trick.

If it were yours, what would you recommend to get?

LOL, yeah, old, just look at my comp speakers...old.
What would you recommend to get?

I been improving this set up, but it seems that the sound it's not there, I already sealed one door and it sounds better, but something is missing. Tomorrow will finish the right door and hopefully been done same day, hope so.

First time doing this and it's a pain ......but learning something new.

I was looking to get some CDT or Focal speakers, but this old JL seems to do the trick.

If it were yours, what would you recommend to get?
the thing that is missing is because you are using a stock radio. The only way to get good sound is either a radio swap or using a DSP that flatten's the stock radio's EQ curve and defeats the aggressive high pass filters put in place. Afterwards it'll be some intense EQ, time alignment tuning sessions. I've never heard a nice sounding setup with a line out convertor to date ever. However people were satisfied and didnt care so i didn't care either but all their setups were definitely missing all things that were considered "SQ" The ones that did swap out to a proper setup were completely mind blown.

the thing that is missing is because you are using a stock radio. The only way to get good sound is either a radio swap or using a DSP that flatten's the stock radio's EQ curve and defeats the aggressive high pass filters put in place. Afterwards it'll be some intense EQ, time alignment tuning sessions. I've never heard a nice sounding setup with a line out convertor to date ever. However people were satisfied and didnt care so i didn't care either but all their setups were definitely missing all things that were considered "SQ" The ones that did swap out to a proper setup were completely mind blown.
Agree with your response.

I saw this guy on YouTube that installed an aftermarket HU on his 2017 accord, he just cut off the speakers wires from the back of the stock radio and took the 12v wire to feed the HU from the front lighter.

Decisions, decisions.

Going to get a new HU and follow this guys instructions.

Would this do the trick?

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_113KDCX501/Kenwood-Excelon-KDC-X501.html?tp=5684&awcp=2t1&awcr=230029409996&awdv=t&awkw=%2bkenwood+%2bkdc+%2bx501&awmt=b&awnw=g&awug=9009735

After doing all this, deadening and sealing front doors and getting the output converter sounds a lot better....than before, but not satisfied.

Let me know what ya think about that Kenwood head unit, ready to pull the trigger just waiting from your advice before I get something that may not work.

If you have some ideas, I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks a lot for you guys time and help.

Agree with your response. I saw this guy on YouTube that installed an aftermarket HU on his 2017 accord, he just cut off the speakers wires from the back of the stock radio and took the 12v wire to feed the HU from the front lighter.

Decisions, decisions.

Would this do the trick?

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_113KDCX501/Kenwood-Excelon-KDC-X501.html?tp=5684&awcp=2t1&awcr=230029409996&awdv=t&awkw=%2bkenwood+%2bkdc+%2bx501&awmt=b&awnw=g&awug=9009735

After doing all this, deadening and sealing front doors and getting the output converter sounds a lot better....than before, but not satisfied.

Let me know what ya think about that Kenwood head unit, ready to pull the trigger just waiting from your advice before I get something that may not work.

NO THATS A FKING DISASTER. HELLA garbage install technique from a hack shop. NEVER NEVER do that EVER!!! You always ALWAYS use a wiring harness.

That kenwood will do fine. You can do a double din too if you want to have a nicer look for your honda and retain that backup camera... You will lose your steering wheel controls though unless you buy those Axxess modules to retain it.

NO THATS A FKING DISASTER. HELLA garbage install technique from a hack shop. NEVER NEVER do that EVER!!! You always ALWAYS use a wiring harness.
That kenwood will do fine. You can do a double din too if you want to have a nicer look for your honda and retain that backup camera... You will lose your steering wheel controls though unless you buy those Axxess modules to retain it.
Wiring harness will imply $350+ to keep it stock.

Or is there another way around?

If I use this I would loose the back up camera...?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Radio-Stereo-Single-Double-Din-Dash-Kit-Harness-for-2013-2017-Honda-Accord/332196350975?fits=Year%3A2015%7CMake%3AHonda%7CModel%3AAccord&hash=item4d58720bff:g:Mv0AAOSwjodZ8Luc&vxp=mtr

I don't use the steering wheel controls, never got used to it, nor my wife either

Wiring harness will imply $350+ to keep it stock.Or is there another way around?

If I use this I would loose the back up camera...?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Radio-Stereo-Single-Double-Din-Dash-Kit-Harness-for-2013-2017-Honda-Accord/332196350975?fits=Year%3A2015%7CMake%3AHonda%7CModel%3AAccord&hash=item4d58720bff:g:Mv0AAOSwjodZ8Luc&vxp=mtr

I don't use the steering wheel controls, never got used to it, nor my wife either
thats actually fine if you dont care about the steering wheel control. I forgot the accord has a 2ndary screen for backup camera. Not sure if its connected to the radio or not.

350 dollars you might as well get a DSP.

DSP, got lost with that.

What is that?

Never mind, digital sound processor.

Prefer to go with a new HU.

Radio is connected to the back up camera.

I would loose the camera if I go cheap, $56, or $350 and keep it.

This is why this guy on YouTube hacked the stock stereo, by just cutting the speaker wires or not using them at all.

Heck, I already run new wires thru the door, 3 of them for the comp speakers

Says who? Bypassing all the ******** is fine. But using a wiring harness is easier when it comes to resale.

Car is already paid off.

Going to keep it for a while.

This is what I'm thinking, run a wire to battery or to fuse, constant, scrap off paint and screw ground, already got a fuse that works to power up amps, this works with car key, accessory, already have new speaker wire for front and rear speakers.

Antenna, I don't listen local stations, just commercials, buy this, buy that B.S., but would be good idea to have it

I guess that's pretty much all what I need.

Stereo location, right underneath a/c controls, cut off the sides, slide HU, and use proper screws or dynamite on the sides to make it tight fit, or even plywood.

Guess that's all?

Any suggestions?

Agree with your response. I saw this guy on YouTube that installed an aftermarket HU on his 2017 accord, he just cut off the speakers wires from the back of the stock radio and took the 12v wire to feed the HU from the front lighter.

Decisions, decisions.

Would this do the trick?

That should be a vid of what not to do....obviously, he has no idea what he's doing.

Car is already paid off.Going to keep it for a while.

This is what I'm thinking, run a wire to battery or to fuse, constant, scrap off paint and screw ground, already got a fuse that works to power up amps, this works with car key, accessory, already have new speaker wire for front and rear speakers.

Antenna, I don't listen local stations, just commercials, buy this, buy that B.S., but would be good idea to have it

I guess that's pretty much all what I need.

Stereo location, right underneath a/c controls, cut off the sides, slide HU, and use proper screws or dynamite on the sides to make it tight fit, or even plywood.

Guess that's all?

Any suggestions?
my x301 hu is really nice and for the $ pretty amazing.. has tons of audio settings will give u 13 band eq, more power even time alignment.. i'd guess the 501 has same audio settings

I'm really not sure where you see the wiring harness being that expensive

I see metra at that price but isnt there a cheaper integration for what you need? there's others around $50-$100

This is the one if I want t to keep the back up camera and the steering wheel controls

https://www.carid.com/2015-honda-accord-stereo-installation/metra-single-double-din-stereo-dash-kit-523554080.html

No way that I'm going to spend that much.

And to install the HU and loose all of the above.

[MENTION=1047137]

BOOMINGRANDPA[/MENTION]

Is This the one, it comes with steering wheel module

https://www.amazon.com/KDC-X301-Receiver-Bluetooth-Universal-Interface/dp/B072JLHKRR/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1511750491&sr=8-7&keywords=kenwood+x301

[MENTION=21598]

Boomin_tahoe[/MENTION],

So, if I already run new speaker wires on the front doors, would my idea still work?

Not cutting wires from the back of the stock radio, but getting all new wires to feed the new HU.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.