Need help with box for 1 American bass xfl 15

Participant count
  • Participant list
Wasup guys I'm trying to figure a box for one xfl 15 I'm pretty sure there's been a thousand threads on aero ported boxes I've watched vids and threads but I really don't understand it anyways I'm going to be running a orion 1500 watt amps puts outs roughly 1700 watts at one ohm on the birth sheet. I used the calculator thing to get the port length my box will be 4 cf and I would like a tuning of 32 hz I've built 3 boxes before one of my boxes was for 6 soundqubed hds312s but it was a 4th order blowthrough so I'm not used to aeroported boxes mainly just square ports... On the calculater I will be using 1 6" diameter port and if the box is 4 cf and needs to be 32 hz it says that the length of the aero Port needs to be roughly 15 to 16 inches. Does that sound right to you guys? I don't want any port noise or anything like that and do you think a 4 cubic feet box tuned to 32 hz is right for a xfl 15? Any help would be appreciated sorry for the long post.

w4FRp2.jpg

fYDtv8.jpg

bML1v3.jpg

gQauNt.jpg

DCgiql.jpg

Looks good... I figure around 1200 or so after rise... that's how it models up anyways... Anyone else?.. I'm just an enthusiast that's tryin' to help... lol

it's a little more port area and if you round over the ends I think you'll be fine with the power you got... the modeling looks like you need more area to avoid compression... that 6" aero is just a little bit high velocity wise with your power... if you want to power it with all your available power and avoid compression... yeah... I think a 6" or even a 6 1/2" square is best... maybe someone else will weigh in... I'm still learning after +25 years and consider myself an enthusiast only... just trying to help

So a 6 inch aero port at 16 inches long is fine lol? I'm so confused.

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

What is that program called btw?

It's modeling software... Winisd... takes awhile to learn... it's the best free one out there everyone says.. I use it in conjunction with Torres... it took my dumb azz 2 months to learn how to just get it to work... I'm still learning to translate the results to the real car environment... Just trying to help out BTW

So a 6 inch aero port at 16 inches long is fine lol? I'm so confused. 

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

What is that program called btw?
no thats a tad high i use fps he used meters u want air velocity under 100 fps.. his is showing u at like 120fps with 6" port., i thought 6"would be good but it's the power u are running thats puts it over the recommended air speed.. u would need 8" port maybe or slot port to keep u around 70 or so fps.. if u were only using 1/2 that power it'd be fine..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.