Putting together a garage system with 6x9s and a deck, need help.

ArmyNavyCopGuy

Senior VIP Member
I wired an xbox 360 power supply to an old bluetooth Pioneer deck. Everything works

but my issue is that there is not much bass coming from the speakers. I understand that they

aren't amped but I still feel like they should be hitting a bit harder.

One thing I noticed, the cones dont move in the box, but out they move a lot. Do I need a different type of box?

A friend of mine, this was back in the late 70's, built a box and installed a pair of 6x9's, a head unit and a 12v to 120 power converter. He placed in on the fireplace mantle and it sounded quite good. The speakers had individual chambers so the bass was pretty good.

Gotta o/s 8" Cerwin Vega sub in my garage off my everlasting JVC home receiver I bought in my teen years that still works to this very day. Along with some older work Sony bookshelf speakers mounted high. Doesn't sound bad and can get a lil loud.

Get a hpf and a cheap 12” sub. Ive got a kicker 12” that i had sitting around powered by a xbox power supply and a dual hu out of a jeep we got and just off hu power it’s plenty of bass

Does my home office count as a garage system? Dual 150 amp 110v to 12v converters connected to a pioneer premier deck, A kicker 1200 amp connected to a fu audio 750 12 and a crown x1000 connected to a pair of triangle Celius towers.. my room gets loud when I'm not testing amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.