Pioneer time alignment

It was my first time messing with it but the readout was in inches so I assume the distance between me and the speaker, If I understand right most people just measure and enter in the number? Does it really sound that much better? I played around with it but it still made the driver front way too loud.

It was my first time messing with it but the readout was in inches so I assume the distance between me and the speaker, If I understand right most people just measure and enter in the number? Does it really sound that much better? I played around with it but it still made the driver front way too loud.
if u turn it up it doesn't go to ft?, my kenwood does..

I've ran 3-4 flagship pioneers and I didn't like the sound of the auto TA.

Think this 8500 has it.........but can't remember if I used auto ta on this deck. If i can find mic I may give it a go.

I have the AVH-490 and it stays in inches the whole way through. You have to be careful and follow the directions, then tweak a little more. I don't know why, but if you go in the wrong order it will attempt to adjust the volume on the speakers as you change the time, but when it does that it does it in the wrong direction. I honestly can't remember the order which eventually worked perfect for me, but what I did in the interim was set distance and then immediately changed all of the individual speaker adjustments to zero so I could begin working on that aspect as well.

Measure the Inches from the driver to your ear. Thats only the first step. Before doing that, make sure your right and left RCAs are correct, some people mess up and their left and right sides are switched.

After you enter the initial inches, Mute the sub and tweeter, then work on the midrange. You can choose either the left or right side values, you just need to subtact or add and actually see how the sound stage shifts left or right, to do this, you'll want a centered vocal track, for example, echosmith- bright. When you hear the vocals directly dead center right under the rear view mirror thats when your time alignment is centered and proper. Now turn off the mids and do the same thing with the tweeters.

Make sure your speaker level values are zeroed out. Sometimes when you initially set the listening position to front left, pioneer has wierd @ss speaker level values that attenuate the right side.

Auto time alignment and EQ is complete trash lol totally off center and the auto EQ fks with everything and will clip the sh*t out of your setup.

Measure the Inches from the driver to your ear. Thats only the first step. Before doing that, make sure your right and left RCAs are correct, some people mess up and their left and right sides are switched.
After you enter the initial inches, Mute the sub and tweeter, then work on the midrange. You can choose either the left or right side values, you just need to subtact or add and actually see how the sound stage shifts left or right, to do this, you'll want a centered vocal track, for example, echosmith- bright. When you hear the vocals directly dead center right under the rear view mirror thats when your time alignment is centered and proper. Now turn off the mids and do the same thing with the tweeters.

Make sure your speaker level values are zeroed out. Sometimes when you initially set the listening position to front left, pioneer has wierd @ss speaker level values that attenuate the right side.

Auto time alignment and EQ is complete trash lol totally off center and the auto EQ fks with everything and will clip the sh*t out of your setup.
Yeah man that's what I did when I set it to front left it was like WOW all I hear is all of the right side.. but I will measure and see I assume after all that it would still need some light tweaking?

Sorry for the delay finally got it set up but I noticed it was still very loud on the drivers side and I noticed for the sound levels for the speakers it was something like +6 and -3 for the passenger side now that it's balanced plus the TA vocals sounds like it's coming from the center now.

Still not done yet however but it sounds better and will be much better when I can rip that plastic off the door

Sorry for the delay finally got it set up but I noticed it was still very loud on the drivers side and I noticed for the sound levels for the speakers it was something like +6 and -3 for the passenger side now that it's balanced plus the TA vocals sounds like it's coming from the center now.
Still not done yet however but it sounds better and will be much better when I can rip that plastic off the door
I did say in post 6 to make sure your speaker levels are zero'd out lol. The setup will continue to sound better and better. Especially if you got the active crossovers and slopes and EQ on point.

I did say in post 6 to make sure your speaker levels are zero'd out lol. The setup will continue to sound better and better. Especially if you got the active crossovers and slopes and EQ on point.
lol crap I must of missed that.. one other thing that I'm not too sure of is the crossover and the slope setting typical components are around 12db?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.