orion xtr 1500.1 vs cab 1600.1

wasup guys im trying to start a new build i currently have one american bass xfl 12 and i need an amp to go with it i will eventually be throwing in another one so i want to strap the amps i get because each sub is 2 ohm. I was looking at both of these amps they both do rated power i believe the xtr does alittle more than rated and thats at 12 volts instead of 14 but i think it would be more power hungry than the cab. Its a hard decision for me because there right at the same price and in my budget i cant really go over 250. Any help would be appreciated because im trying to buy a amp today ready to get bumping =D.

wasup guys im trying to start a new build i currently have one american bass xfl 12 and i need an amp to go with it i will eventually be throwing in another one so i want to strap the amps i get because each sub is 2 ohm. I was looking at both of these amps they both do rated power i believe the xtr does alittle more than rated and thats at 12 volts instead of 14 but i think it would be more power hungry than the cab. Its a hard decision for me because there right at the same price and in my budget i cant really go over 250. Any help would be appreciated because im trying to buy a amp today ready to get bumping =D.
it's not a little bit more than rated., xtr has tested about 2200rms on at least 2 diff test (1 guy here just did it) test i saw on cab said it did something like 1700rms at 1khz which means nothing closer to 1200 at 40 hz.. if u have the $ get the xtr.. but u with what u saying look around for sales on other amp lots of sales right now, sq 1200 is $219..

I am biased as I really like the Orion's. The 1500s are not as power hungry as my 2500.1dz. The 1500s are Korean made and not Chinese made like CAB. Also I like Orion CS MUCH better than CAB. I had a claim I had to make on the XTR1000.1d (that was 100% my fault). And they got me taken care of inside a couple of days.

I know the xtr is strappable but I keep hearing it doesn't come with the link cable or whatever I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem for me to hook it up another way if not but do you guys know if it comes with that cable? I know it has a master and slave so it is strappable.

I know the xtr is strappable but I keep hearing it doesn't come with the link cable or whatever I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem for me to hook it up another way if not but do you guys know if it comes with that cable? I know it has a master and slave so it is strappable.
I think to strap them you just need a RCA cable.. 3 bucks going to kill you?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.