Best 6.5 Speaker

I know this is a very broad title, but I'm quite unsure of what would be the best application for my car. I am currently running 6.5" coaxial Alpine type R speakers in my car off of an Arc Audio KS300.4. I like the speakers but now that I have upgraded my subwoofers, they don't seem to be able to blend as well. Are there any 6.5" speaker sets that have the capability to get really loud without blowing or really having to worry, with good midbass also?

A local dealer recommended having custom door panels made and simply running two sets of alpine type r coaxials in the fronts. If this were the case I imagine I would need a new amplifier.

Any suggestions?

Your dealer should have also recommended some good comps, not more coaxial speakers.

What HU are you currently running?

Hey, sorry I meant components. Also I’m running the kenwood excelon dnx892. I’m getting ssa zcon subwoofers, so out of symmetry I was considering the ssa evil components. Don’t know if anyone knows anything on those.

Check a couple of the other threads in the past few days. I've been researching for a friend and ran across some good posts. One of them is about the evils, and they're not generating many good comments. Essentially, it was said that they should stick to what they know and stop making them. Lol

Check a couple of the other threads in the past few days. I've been researching for a friend and ran across some good posts. One of them is about the evils, and they're not generating many good comments. Essentially, it was said that they should stick to what they know and stop making them. Lol
If you look around, they are generating a ton of good comments and reviews. I would love to see that one comment you are referring to, as so far the only one that I have seen that was negative was a guy that put them in his Harley and was pissed he couldn't hear them. Umm.

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

Ah okay, good to know! Any recommendations then?
Yes, the SSA Evil 6.5's.

Lmao! Yeah, I'd be pissed if I were that guy, though only because I didn't have a brain.
As for the specific post, number 21 in this thread. http://www.caraudio.com/forums/speakers/634445-bang-buck-sq-speakers-active-setup-eclipse-8053-a-2.html

I've read a lot of good, a lot of bad. Kinda like anything else, YMMV depending on vehicle, tuning, etc, etc. The only thing that kept popping up in the negative side was lack of mid-bass.
Lack of mid-bass is a first and almost always an issue in terms of the install. Check out the reviews from verified customers: SSA Store - SSAudio Evil6.5 mid-bass

As with any quality mid-bass (or tweeter or subwoofer for that matter), you have to adapt the install to the speaker. So lack of mid-bass in the right install is not an issue. Hell, we have guys doing bookshelfs and small MTM's with them now. If they lacked mid-bass or had extensive negative feedback that is suddenly now being claimed, the DIY home audio types, who tend to be far more picky and discerning, clearly wouldn't use them. There is a guy who was doing demo's with subs off (not hair tricks of course) as he crossed his Evil65's down to 50hz. That wouldn't happen if they lack mid-bass.

With 6mm x max there is no lack of midbass out of those drivers it's a lack of install
cant blame the install if the direct replacements to the evils without any changes to the setup slammed the midbass way out of the park. They seriously did not impress at all unless you throw at least double their rms to them. Guy that complained had properly treated doors and phasing was proper as well.

cant blame the install if the direct replacements to the evils without any changes to the setup slammed the midbass way out of the park. They seriously did not impress at all unless you throw at least double their rms to them. Guy that complained had properly treated doors and phasing was proper as well.
Install. Plain and simple

Install. Plain and simple
riiight. CLD, MLV, fast rings, CCF as well as a good head unit and crossover points. He popped in crescendo pwxs and they had miles more midbass and they are a PA style woofer. There's only so many times you can pull the install card when a direct swap and a direct performance increase is right there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.