bigmak927

Best 6.5 Speaker

I know this is a very broad title, but I'm quite unsure of what would be the best application for my car. I am currently running 6.5" coaxial Alpine type R speakers in my car off of an Arc Audio KS300.4. I like the speakers but now that I have upgraded my subwoofers, they don't seem to be able to blend as well. Are there any 6.5" speaker sets that have the capability to get really loud without blowing or really having to worry, with good midbass also?

A local dealer recommended having custom door panels made and simply running two sets of alpine type r coaxials in the fronts. If this were the case I imagine I would need a new amplifier.

Any suggestions?

Your dealer should have also recommended some good comps, not more coaxial speakers.

What HU are you currently running?

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Alpine 9835

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

Wolfram amps coming soon, 3000.1, 125.4

2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.

Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

Hey, sorry I meant components. Also I’m running the kenwood excelon dnx892. I’m getting ssa zcon subwoofers, so out of symmetry I was considering the ssa evil components. Don’t know if anyone knows anything on those.

Check a couple of the other threads in the past few days. I've been researching for a friend and ran across some good posts. One of them is about the evils, and they're not generating many good comments. Essentially, it was said that they should stick to what they know and stop making them. Lol

Check a couple of the other threads in the past few days. I've been researching for a friend and ran across some good posts. One of them is about the evils, and they're not generating many good comments. Essentially, it was said that they should stick to what they know and stop making them. Lol

If you look around, they are generating a ton of good comments and reviews. I would love to see that one comment you are referring to, as so far the only one that I have seen that was negative was a guy that put them in his Harley and was pissed he couldn't hear them. Umm.

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

Ah okay, good to know! Any recommendations then?

Yes, the SSA Evil 6.5's.

car_back.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

~~ SSA Dcon / Icon / Xcon ~~

TeamSSAudio.com ~ SSA Forums ~ SSA MySpace ~ SSA Facebook Group ~ SSA Facebook Page ~ SSA Youtube

====================================================

CarAudio-Forum.com ~ HomeAudioForum.net

CarAudio.com mod(original)

Lmao! Yeah, I'd be pissed if I were that guy, though only because I didn't have a brain.

As for the specific post, number 21 in this thread. http://www.caraudio.com/forums/speakers/634445-bang-buck-sq-speakers-active-setup-eclipse-8053-a-2.html

I've read a lot of good, a lot of bad. Kinda like anything else, YMMV depending on vehicle, tuning, etc, etc. The only thing that kept popping up in the negative side was lack of mid-bass.

Yeah lack of midbass is a no go for me. I’m lookig for something with more midbass.

Lmao! Yeah, I'd be pissed if I were that guy, though only because I didn't have a brain.

As for the specific post, number 21 in this thread. http://www.caraudio.com/forums/speakers/634445-bang-buck-sq-speakers-active-setup-eclipse-8053-a-2.html

I've read a lot of good, a lot of bad. Kinda like anything else, YMMV depending on vehicle, tuning, etc, etc. The only thing that kept popping up in the negative side was lack of mid-bass.

Lack of mid-bass is a first and almost always an issue in terms of the install. Check out the reviews from verified customers: SSA Store - SSAudio Evil6.5 mid-bass

As with any quality mid-bass (or tweeter or subwoofer for that matter), you have to adapt the install to the speaker. So lack of mid-bass in the right install is not an issue. Hell, we have guys doing bookshelfs and small MTM's with them now. If they lacked mid-bass or had extensive negative feedback that is suddenly now being claimed, the DIY home audio types, who tend to be far more picky and discerning, clearly wouldn't use them. There is a guy who was doing demo's with subs off (not hair tricks of course) as he crossed his Evil65's down to 50hz. That wouldn't happen if they lack mid-bass.

car_back.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

~~ SSA Dcon / Icon / Xcon ~~

TeamSSAudio.com ~ SSA Forums ~ SSA MySpace ~ SSA Facebook Group ~ SSA Facebook Page ~ SSA Youtube

====================================================

CarAudio-Forum.com ~ HomeAudioForum.net

CarAudio.com mod(original)

Yeah lack of midbass is a no go for me. I’m lookig for something with more midbass.

With 6mm x max there is no lack of midbass out of those drivers it's a lack of install

i told wife guy on here pm'ed me wanting to buy my amp she said tell him it not fs (cause she knows i'll spend more $ on new one) and told her i wanted d2 sub for bday next week she said tell ya'll i'm to old to go down to 1ohm lol..

With 6mm x max there is no lack of midbass out of those drivers it's a lack of install

cant blame the install if the direct replacements to the evils without any changes to the setup slammed the midbass way out of the park. They seriously did not impress at all unless you throw at least double their rms to them. Guy that complained had properly treated doors and phasing was proper as well.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

cant blame the install if the direct replacements to the evils without any changes to the setup slammed the midbass way out of the park. They seriously did not impress at all unless you throw at least double their rms to them. Guy that complained had properly treated doors and phasing was proper as well.

Install. Plain and simple

i told wife guy on here pm'ed me wanting to buy my amp she said tell him it not fs (cause she knows i'll spend more $ on new one) and told her i wanted d2 sub for bday next week she said tell ya'll i'm to old to go down to 1ohm lol..

Install. Plain and simple

riiight. CLD, MLV, fast rings, CCF as well as a good head unit and crossover points. He popped in crescendo pwxs and they had miles more midbass and they are a PA style woofer. There's only so many times you can pull the install card when a direct swap and a direct performance increase is right there.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

Sorry but it's install

Yes, you're not installing the right mids. lol

Pioneer 80PRS

2 Way active front stage

Zapco ST-4XP 4 channel front amp

Alpine Pro Type X Tweeters

NVX XSP65 mids

Alpine MRX-M55 sub amp

SSA DCON 12"

2.25cf @ 30hz

Sorry but it's install

Do us all a favor. Buy some of those mids then let us know how they are after you install them. Because right now, I know for a FACT...you've never had them and continue running thy mouth.

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Alpine 9835

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

Wolfram amps coming soon, 3000.1, 125.4

2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.

Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

Do us all a favor. Buy some of those mids then let us know how they are after you install them. Because right now, I know for a FACT...you've never had them and continue running thy mouth.

I know for a fact I know the physics behind loudspeakers you and the other hand I have no clue I give you a quick lesson 6 millimeters of X Max and a Well Control suspension and IB installation where the fs is close to the xover point will have the best and most stable midbass unlike a lot of those low qes and low FS drivers that will be really peaks in a small bandwidth in the midbass region around FS.

You are mistaking a huge peek in a very narrow bandwidth of midbass for good flat low distortion midbass.

I don't give a s*** if I didn't use a driver I built enough drivers to know what a driver will do that's what happens when you understand the physics behind loudspeakers and physics in general

Matter fact @denim shoot me an e-mail/pm so I can buy a pair it's not sweat off of my back I got the money and my birthday is Monday so I'll just buy some because I want them.

Okay guys so I have an image dynamics XS 6.5C set I could pickup for $200. Also noticed the HD-61 PRO CR2 for $300 were said to have some clean midbass as far as kick drums etc. So to put these sets against say a good hertz set and the ssa evil, on a bridged ks300.4 which would give more than enough power for any of these sets, which should I take? Also would I be better off not overpowering them? As a side note I’ve also tried RE XXX 6.5 components which i assumed would be phenomenal in the midbass area, but my stock speakers had more midbass. The local shop is recommending some addictive audio speakers but I don’t hear much good about them on here.

Thanks

Edited by bigmak927

If di the XS but they are deep. Make sure they fit

2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T

JBL MS-8

Zapco ST-4X SQ, ST-1000XMii

IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed

Alpine SPX Pro ring radiators

Hertz HV165XL

Knuconceptz OFC, Custom fit Soundrive RCAs.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now