"An expensive weekend" or "I blew my amp"

TRaGiK
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member

Been working on this build for about 2.5 months now. This past Friday, I finally got the last piece to get it all together...the door panels.

Got them on and the mids/highs wired up and finally got to play it full tilt. 2 songs worth of full tilt, and then loaded up the family so we could go to dinner. 10 minutes from the house, at low volume, the amp popped. A cap specifically. Volume was so low that I heard the cap pop.

Amp was essentially brand new. Installed about 3 weeks ago. But hadn't played full tilt until this weekend.

Sounded good for a short time.

ETA: amp is a crescendo 12k.

I still feel sick from this. Depending on how good or bad crescendo treats me on this, there might be a repaired 12k for sale soon.

Been working on this build for about 2.5 months now. This past Friday, I finally got the last piece to get it all together...the door panels.

Got them on and the mids/highs wired up and finally got to play it full tilt. 2 songs worth of full tilt, and then loaded up the family so we could go to dinner. 10 minutes from the house, at low volume, the amp popped. A cap specifically. Volume was so low that I heard the cap pop.

Amp was essentially brand new. Installed about 3 weeks ago. But hadn't played full tilt until this weekend.

Sounded good for a short time.

ETA: amp is a crescendo 12k.
bad solder or vibration?

Prob not something Tragik wants to hear lol
Since you said it, what's wrong with the amps?
BC5500 popped 2 hours after install on 2 brand new Zv4 12s, 300 amp EA alt, and 4 G31s in an SRT8 we built.

Encore 4.5" popped after a month. 1 of 2

800/4 had a dead channel fresh out the box.

Second 800/4 clipped at any gain.

500/2 was DOA.

BC5500 popped 2 hours after install on 2 brand new Zv4 12s, 300 amp EA alt, and 4 G31s in an SRT8 we built.Encore 4.5" popped after a month. 1 of 2

800/4 had a dead channel fresh out the box.

Second 800/4 clipped at any gain.

500/2 was DOA.
new build-house time

happened right after u said u thought thread about my new sub messing up was funny huh? now we both have paperweights..
It wasn't your sub being a piece of $hit that I thought was funny. But now that you mention it, yes, that IS hilarious.

Yet again you're putting words into my mouth.

It wasn't your sub being a piece of $hit that I thought was funny. But now that you mention it, yes, that IS hilarious.
Yet again you're putting words into my mouth.
i said nothing about your amp on other thread until u had to laugh at my problems..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.