new build

Papermaker85
5,000+ posts

Banned
New orleans LA
installing the 8s i got from cmoney along with 2 18s. Contemplating on doing a 3way but for now il going to do a 2way.

3 ways means new amps. 2 way means new amps. going to bridge the xenon 200.2 to the mids and get another 200.1 for the tweeters.

i'm looking at te cdt ES-03s. the subs are build around a set of DD 9500j motors with some coils and softparts build to meter. so i need some serious front stage..

shoot some suggestions and thoughts. im open to any suggestions..

YGKZPUS.jpg
[/img]

iGttdkS.jpg

I've heard good things about the ES series...like we're discussing in the other thread, the AF GB25's are specifically designed for use in tiny enclosures intended for use in A-pillar and sail/dash pod installs...How small of an enclosure can the ES mids handle before you start to lose low-end extension? There is an interesting thread on DIYMA about the differences in design and intended use of the GB25's vs the GB4's. Also I find that most '3 inch' mids are really closer to/or larger than 4 inches...this makes physical installation much more difficult. The GB25's are 2.5inch mids and require the smallest of enclosures which really opens up various install possibilities. They also handle power very well, yet don't require a ton of it to sound good either....very well designed.

You really expect any help on here from anyone after the way you treat us on this forum?

That said, your the smartest person on this forum, the stephen hawkins type.... outdueing others....why ask our help?

You really expect any help on here from anyone after the way you treat us on this forum?
That said, your the smartest person on this forum, the stephen hawkins type.... outdueing others....why ask our help?
I didn't say i was the smartest. just said you where an idiot. its not my fault YOU refuse to do your research. i want input and opinions from experienced people. i have drivers I've tested and will build more until then i want something i can use to do these 2 18s and spank the haters here..

I'm always open to different prospectives unlike alot of people. I've treaed alot of people here really good. you're just not one of them.

if you have any input i'm still open even thought i doubt you have any..

**** thats steep. i know at one time the ES-03 was pretty highly regarded. id have to hear them. most car audio gear is stupid overpriced. i won't touch hertz until they catch their heads.
Yeah...the price is steep...but these speakers are meant to be and compete with speakers the caliber of Scanspeak Illuminater series...the 4inch Illum's are $275 EACH...so in that regard they aren't too bad price wise.

Yeah...the price is steep...but these speakers are meant to be and compete with speakers the caliber of Scanspeak Illuminater series...the 4inch Illum's are $275 EACH...so in that regard they aren't too bad price wise.
**** man these 3" drivers are very inefficient. might just do a 4" on axis..

**** man these 3" drivers are very inefficient. might just do a 4" on axis..
True...but you know the law...

efficiency

extension

small enclosure

...pick 2.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

True...but you know the law...
efficiency

extension

small enclosure

...pick 2.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Im going to cross them at around 800 so i don't think i need something large so... man these freaking 8" mids play HIGH.

Im going to cross them at around 800 so i don't think i need something large so... man these freaking 8" mids play HIGH.
800hz seems pretty hight to cross...I was always told to try and keep from crossing-over in the vocal range too much...400hz-ish being the max.

But that was just general advice.

800hz seems pretty hight to cross...I was always told to try and keep from crossing-over in the vocal range too much...400hz-ish being the max.
But that was just general advice.
if i can find something strong down to 500 id do that.

honestly ive never done a 3way. but the more i think about it the more i want a 4" crossed low like 400 or so.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.