installing the 8s i got from cmoney along with 2 18s. Contemplating on doing a 3way but for now il going to do a 2way.

3 ways means new amps. 2 way means new amps. going to bridge the xenon 200.2 to the mids and get another 200.1 for the tweeters.

i'm looking at te cdt ES-03s. the subs are build around a set of DD 9500j motors with some coils and softparts build to meter. so i need some serious front stage..

shoot some suggestions and thoughts. im open to any suggestions..

YGKZPUS.jpg[/img]

iGttdkS.jpg

i told wife guy on here pm'ed me wanting to buy my amp she said tell him it not fs (cause she knows i'll spend more $ on new one) and told her i wanted d2 sub for bday next week she said tell ya'll i'm to old to go down to 1ohm lol..

what brand?

KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, 2.1cfad ported, soundqubed 6.5" coax/doors, hp & lp xover on hu, AGM starting batt...

Boomin_tahoe said:
2 ohms rule

I've heard good things about the ES series...like we're discussing in the other thread, the AF GB25's are specifically designed for use in tiny enclosures intended for use in A-pillar and sail/dash pod installs...How small of an enclosure can the ES mids handle before you start to lose low-end extension? There is an interesting thread on DIYMA about the differences in design and intended use of the GB25's vs the GB4's. Also I find that most '3 inch' mids are really closer to/or larger than 4 inches...this makes physical installation much more difficult. The GB25's are 2.5inch mids and require the smallest of enclosures which really opens up various install possibilities. They also handle power very well, yet don't require a ton of it to sound good either....very well designed.

Build Logz, check em out:

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/634311-nstalns-build-logz.html#post8918473

Factory HU - Alpine PXA-H800/RUX - 2 x JL Audio HD900/5's - Audiofrog GB10's - Audiofrog GB25's - Audiofrog GS 690's - Audiofrog GB2510 Crossovers - 2 x Audiomobile MASS 2012's

how much are the 2.5s?

i told wife guy on here pm'ed me wanting to buy my amp she said tell him it not fs (cause she knows i'll spend more $ on new one) and told her i wanted d2 sub for bday next week she said tell ya'll i'm to old to go down to 1ohm lol..

what brand?

the subs will be franknwoofers the mids are mccauley pa line arry drivers. not sure what mid yet. might now need one but i kinda want one.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/634311-nstalns-build-logz.html#post8918473

Factory HU - Alpine PXA-H800/RUX - 2 x JL Audio HD900/5's - Audiofrog GB10's - Audiofrog GB25's - Audiofrog GS 690's - Audiofrog GB2510 Crossovers - 2 x Audiomobile MASS 2012's

**** thats steep. i know at one time the ES-03 was pretty highly regarded. id have to hear them. most car audio gear is stupid overpriced. i won't touch hertz until they catch their heads.

You really expect any help on here from anyone after the way you treat us on this forum?

That said, your the smartest person on this forum, the stephen hawkins type.... outdueing others....why ask our help?

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Alpine 9835

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500D & 4.500 amps (New amps coming soon)

2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.

Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

You really expect any help on here from anyone after the way you treat us on this forum?

That said, your the smartest person on this forum, the stephen hawkins type.... outdueing others....why ask our help?

I didn't say i was the smartest. just said you where an idiot. its not my fault YOU refuse to do your research. i want input and opinions from experienced people. i have drivers I've tested and will build more until then i want something i can use to do these 2 18s and spank the haters here..

I'm always open to different prospectives unlike alot of people. I've treaed alot of people here really good. you're just not one of them.

if you have any input i'm still open even thought i doubt you have any..

**** thats steep. i know at one time the ES-03 was pretty highly regarded. id have to hear them. most car audio gear is stupid overpriced. i won't touch hertz until they catch their heads.

Yeah...the price is steep...but these speakers are meant to be and compete with speakers the caliber of Scanspeak Illuminater series...the 4inch Illum's are $275 EACH...so in that regard they aren't too bad price wise.

Yeah...the price is steep...but these speakers are meant to be and compete with speakers the caliber of Scanspeak Illuminater series...the 4inch Illum's are $275 EACH...so in that regard they aren't too bad price wise.

**** man these 3" drivers are very inefficient. might just do a 4" on axis..

**** man these 3" drivers are very inefficient. might just do a 4" on axis..

True...but you know the law...

efficiency

extension

small enclosure

...pick 2.

;)

True...but you know the law...

efficiency

extension

small enclosure

...pick 2.

;)

Im going to cross them at around 800 so i don't think i need something large so... man these freaking 8" mids play HIGH.

Im going to cross them at around 800 so i don't think i need something large so... man these freaking 8" mids play HIGH.

800hz seems pretty hight to cross...I was always told to try and keep from crossing-over in the vocal range too much...400hz-ish being the max.

But that was just general advice.

800hz seems pretty hight to cross...I was always told to try and keep from crossing-over in the vocal range too much...400hz-ish being the max.

But that was just general advice.

if i can find something strong down to 500 id do that.

honestly ive never done a 3way. but the more i think about it the more i want a 4" crossed low like 400 or so.

if i can find something strong down to 500 id do that.

honestly ive never done a 3way. but the more i think about it the more i want a 4" crossed low like 400 or so.

If you have the room for a 4 inch and space to provide proper enclosure then there a quite a few options...The AF 2.5's are for those who want extension and have limited space, hence the size and tiny volume required. I can vouch for their ability to extend low and sound amazing...I've never used a driver so capable in that size. Morel just released a small diameter midrange:

https://www.morelhifi.com/product/ccwr254/

May be worth looking into.

**** i need listen to these new drivers... im try to find a dealer that has some.

have you used the es03 or es4? i had some es6 mids and liked them.

If you have the room for a 4 inch and space to provide proper enclosure then there a quite a few options...The AF 2.5's are for those who want extension and have limited space, hence the size and tiny volume required. I can vouch for their ability to extend low and sound amazing...I've never used a driver so capable in that size. Morel just released a small diameter midrange:

https://www.morelhifi.com/product/ccwr254/

May be worth looking into.

last time i heard morels they just didn't have a ton of output but this was a long time ago! i like the audiofrog but they are abit more than i wanted to pay. might save up for them if they hace the output and sound great.

this is a SQ system that has to be loud to keep up with the wall at moderate output..

I have morel integra 4's and I have them crossed down to 200hz with a 36db slope and they play just fine. Like was said before, I wouldn't cross-over in the vocal range like that, tuning would be even more of a pain than it is.

Are you using a dsp?

If you're running a wall with tons of power, I recommend doubling up on your mids. If you get a processor, most have presets that you can switch on the fly if you really just want to get loud or want to show off the sq.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

References: galacticmonkey, 2lo2flo, mwe-maxxowner, xxxbasshead, cynicz, CHEMMINS, phantom240, blazron22, Imtjnotu, Blove1991, jeeper07, biker911, juniorab, spl_robb, monarae21, vitveet (x3), RidnClean, jdubbau, Nevada, SubNit, tEh koRnDog, infamous_e46, stuckinok, FASTIMES, RAM_Designs, btdickey99, Slammed, SPY, orangelss, dalucifer (x 3), dtbrown, khanhfat, iamamp3pimp, slam, 350zspl, latinplaya22, silvercookie, us3, bikinpunk, kpozr2, Biowaste, Zeuslicious (x 5+), and many many more....

I have morel integra 4's and I have them crossed down to 200hz with a 36db slope and they play just fine. Like was said before, I wouldn't cross-over in the vocal range like that, tuning would be even more of a pain than it is.

Are you using a dsp?

If you're running a wall with tons of power, I recommend doubling up on your mids. If you get a processor, most have presets that you can switch on the fly if you really just want to get loud or want to show off the sq.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Right now i have a twk 88. i just bought three new xenon 100.2s(my 200,4 shorted and blew all my drivers)

The mids are 8ohm and these will give me 250x1 er mid. its unorthodox but t was very cheap(380 for all three shipped BNIB) i'm gonna try one set for now because i can fit them in the factory location without a ton of modification. your right its gonna be loud as **** but its going ot be a wall that's tuned for comps to meter and then tuned very low for daily(28 o so) to get a nice flat response and to match the mids level like a SQ install would..

iGttdkS.jpg?1

YGKZPUS.jpg?1

McCauley these from what i understand come out of one of their ****** line array systems. they aren't exactly bass heavy but they definitely sound good. i only had 100x2 on them and no EQ so I'm sure ill get killer sound out of them in my car..

sub amp

6fiuOeV.jpg

cemamic dome tweeters. they are pretty **** sweet.(still want you to try them installin)

mids/twtter amps

iUbtD6f.jpg?1

tweeters

IZz1Bol.jpg

Don't rule out planar mids. If you can put them on-axis and have space to mount them some of the larger ones could fill nicely from 400 to 2.2K. I did quite well replacing the 4" out of my old Boston Pro 3 ways with a B&G planar after the mids roasted from a head unit failure and they no longer made replacements down in Peabody.

Don't rule out planar mids. If you can put them on-axis and have space to mount them some of the larger ones could fill nicely from 400 to 2.2K. I did quite well replacing the 4" out of my old Boston Pro 3 ways with a B&G planar after the mids roasted from a head unit failure and they no longer made replacements down in Peabody.

man you know i been highly interested in the Dayton AMT. I've look into the planers as well.

these help with vibration and keep circulation around hte amp. not that these amps need it.

NdpnCDx.jpg?1

VdXBmQA.jpg?1

i wanted to do a "floating" amp rack but i'm limited on time and space and it will be coming out soon for next year. so what i did is cut the board the width i needed and the mounting holes on the amps are about 2"s from the outside edges so i cut the wood wide enough to screw them down but not wide enough to be "exposed" on the top and bottom. this is going to give an appearance of them "floating" somewhat. I'm dying to use some plexiglass..i might do plexi covers for the wiring in the middle of the amps.

4XZcBDE.jpg?1

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now