Mechless receiver predicament

Participant count
  • Participant list

BCotrell

Senior VIP Member
irvine, ca
Hi all. Been a minute since i been on the forums but here goes. I have a jvc kd-x33mbs receiver that I attempted to updated the firmware (to fix a few bluetooth related bugs). The update completed but then the deck just shut off and now will not turn on.

Is there a fix for this. I followed exact protocol as outlined on the jvc website.

Any word of advice other than try to return it and go with a pioneer. I think i like this one better anyway

MVH-S501BS - NEW! Digital Media Receiver with Enhanced Audio Functions, Improved Pioneer ARC App Compatibility, MIXTRAX®, Built-in Bluetooth®, and SiriusXM-Ready™ | Pioneer Electronics USA

Solution: required a hard reset (disconnected negative terminal on battery). Also, I swapped the jvc out for the new pioneer mechless and the difference is night and day. Output is wayyyyyyy better, particularly in the rear channels. Crazy how uneven the signals were between the front and rear rca’s on the jvc

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.