my new box look at packaging

BOOMINGRANDPA
5,000+ posts

WOLFRAM FTW
NC
ok i ordered this custom from ebay seller boomboxtech.. he does have prefab but they pretty good even the ports that seem small aren't bad after sub disp only saw 1 looked to small.. ALL u have to do is email him your dimensions, port length, sub cut out and all.. i even had him move sub 2" towards port instead of middle of box.. he's good at subtracting bracing disp etc which some sellers **** at and just don't do., i'm sure his computer does all that.. just thought i'd give peeps someone they can recommend to make boxes for peeps if they can't or the good builders here are busy., he made this on monday i got it today from florida..

see if i can show the wooden box the box came in, i thought that was impressive.. the wood on the sides is 3/4" of course cardboard was on outside of that..

Thought your neighbor was gonna do that?
What was shipped price?
i told everyone i thought (even pmed u) that neighbor was real busy, he actually said he was gonna try to get to it soon but i didn't want to wait til christmas been waiting 2 months already.. it was $160.. 29" x 15"h x 16"d, 30.375 port area ended up right at 2.11 cf ad so basically 14.4 sq in port per cube instead of 11.5 or so on old box.. u can see bracing inside he cut hole bigger to make sure fu magnet would fit.. i was supposed to have small in office surgery tomorrow but they canceled it last week doc can't be there so i decided i was getting the box done.. been waiting 3 months to get trees cut, 2 months for box, my other doctor was out with broke arm for 3 months i ain't been able to get anything finished.. new tree guys supposed to come friday so there's another $800 but at least i'll have something over with.. granddaughter is having tooth cut out at unc tomorrow so just trying to get stuff done in between my doc appts, bro in laws and grand daughters.. we have 9 grand kids and 2 great grandkids coming here for holidays the next month will be spent throwing crap away to fit 20 peeps in living room lol..

Looks well built.
yeah it's nice.. his bracing is real pretty shame no one can see it lol..

here's 1 on inside mines just 3/4" double front but i think that pic is 3/4 it's just the 1 i found and size and tuning don't matter cause u email him what u want he emails u back the specs price and tuning he gets with your #'s.. messaged me like 15 times until i got what i wanted.. forgot link as usual https://www.ebay.com/itm/STAGE-3-PORTED-SUBWOOFER-MDF-ENCLOSURE-FOR-ORION-HCCA12-SUB-BOX-1-MDF/263279550881?_trkparms=aid%3D444000%26algo%3DSOI.DEFAULT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D48740%26meid%3Dc8415a86944f4813862146f2d8b583e8%26pid%3D100752%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D3%26sd%3D263177241901&_trksid=p2047675.c100752.m1982

Last edited by a moderator:
see if i can show the wooden box the box came in, i thought that was impressive.. the wood on the sides is 3/4" of course cardboard was on outside of that..
i never will understand why people use that stupid bracing techniques. threaded steel rod is 10x stronger and much better acoustically

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.