What cheap sub should i test?

kr15
5,000+ posts

Polluting Residentials
California
Whats up everyone...with finals finally over, its time to relax and not take everything so seriously. Im building a burp box for 1 12 with 6" aero. My team is hosting a show next month and im planning to show up with a junk sub and possibly hurt feelings lol.

So, what cheap subs (below 80$ or so) have piqued your guys interest? Dependimg on coil configuration, i should be able to clamp ~1k

pioneer 3003 $75 ebay u really need to check it.. fu 300 although thats been done with 4 subs i think.. i'd say dark ai but they $100.. sundown 300 maybe..

Last edited by a moderator:
What about a Pyle or Hifonics square 12. The Pyle has a 3inch coil and TaylorFade on here did something like a 155 with 9 of them in his CRX about 5 years ago. The Hifonics has a 2.5in coil but that's about all I know.

However I actually agree on a FU 300 series.

How about a cheapy American Bass XO or XD?

I know that pioneer will do an ok #

The cone just looks so **** cheap, and as you said.."pioneer"... great sleeper choice. Theres a cheaper one too

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.