Foam on my Speakers keep tearing

nehal1802

Basically I use a MEX-XB100BT Head Unit with front JBL GTO608C speakers and rear Pioneers (I forgot the model). About 4 months in I had to replace one speaker due to the rubber cracking. 6 months later the same speaker started to tear and the other one is pretty much completely torn. It's a pretty straight cut (see pic below) and I know the door panel isn't hitting it.

Any ideas what could be going wrong? I'm kinda new to car audio, I know how to install it but that's about it.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gZum99XiRiPIKSuz2

going over mechanical limits will separate a cone from a basket, clipping will fry a coil, quit parroting everyone's default clipping reason for every issue.

going over mechanical limits will separate a cone from a basket, clipping will fry a coil, quit parroting everyone's default clipping reason for every issue.
Are you tossing that comment my way? Because your answer is not much different from mine minus the clipping, and I don't parrot anyone.

There's a parrot on one of the routes I do (I'm a mailman) and it says "**** you" to me every time I go by the house...
That's awesome !

OP, in addition to previous recommended causes...be sure the baskets are not in a bind as you tighten them to the panel. Square/flat mounting with even pressure is a necessity.

LOL a reasonable question is asked and within a couple of posts the old biddies brigade show up and start chirping at each other. I often have to check to make sure I'm on the Car Audio Forum instead of the gollywood b ithches c unt f art at each other site...

LOL a reasonable question is asked and within a couple of posts the old biddies brigade show up and start chirping at each other. I often have to check to make sure I'm on the Car Audio Forum instead of the gollywood b ithches c unt f art at each other site...
aka Thunderdome?!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.