Looking for good bang for the buck 750Wt RMS amp

DaveT
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
I’m doing a bit of an upgrade after being out of the Car Audio game for a while and would like some suggestion for a clean 750 watt @1 or 4 ohms RMS sub amp to drive my newly acquired RE SEX10D2 that I got for a good price locally. Right now it’s in the JL pro Box from my old school JL 10W3v2 the surround rotted out on ( I’m going to replace the surround and put it in a custom center console box build in my truck I inherited. I had got a Kenwood KAC-7204 for a good price years to drive the W3 but it’s not keeping up with the the RE sub and I don’t like how hot the amp runs. So for my cobra I’m looking for a better amp that won’t break me.

Thanks from a user coming out of retirement, any input is helpful.

I thought it was a rubber magnet cover. Do you mind my asking how the are crap? I’ve run a 12 SE before and it was a great sub. Also I got it for 80 American pesos so I figured I wasn’t going to be soon finding more sub for the money. I have no problems with the sub it sounds great gets load for the power and seems about as tight a the W3 was and puts it to shame in loudness. This is a topic about amps I’d appreciate you sticking to that topic and providing input on what amp is best for my application, thanks.

I’m doing a bit of an upgrade after being out of the Car Audio game for a while and would like some suggestion for a clean 750 watt @1 or 4 ohms RMS sub amp to drive my newly acquired RE SEX10D2 that I got for a good price locally. Right now it’s in the JL pro Box from my old school JL 10W3v2 the surround rotted out on ( I’m going to replace the surround and put it in a custom center console box build in my truck I inherited. I had got a Kenwood KAC-7204 for a good price years to drive the W3 but it’s not keeping up with the the RE sub and I don’t like how hot the amp runs. So for my cobra I’m looking for a better amp that won’t break me.Thanks from a user coming out of retirement, any input is helpful.
Whats the max budget?
For a sub like that going for a good cheap amp id say sundown sae1000.1d..

But 1 k can be had for cheaper if thats what you are looking for

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I mean we all know how max budget gets pushed in the name of chasing the car Audio dragon but around 250 or so. If I was smart I would still have my old JL 1O00/1 or even the 500/1 I loved those amps.

Now as far as the full break down of the setup in my 99 Mustang Cobra

H/U Eclipse 8153

Highs/mids are the stock Mach 460 with an factory amp harness adaptor.

Sub is a RE *** V2 D2 in about .75-.9 cubic feet stuffed with poly fill powered by the KAC 7204 bridges rated output 500w rms @ 4 ohms bridged. I realize that the sub can already over power the actually decent sounding factory amplified speakers but I hate to not be able to raise a lil voice coil stank if I’m in the bass head mood.

I already have a very nice Pioneer component set and American Bass SQ480 4 channel amp in my car Audio goodie stash to tear out the stock stuff but for now I’m wanting to get my sub stage in order before I go full aftermarket.

I wouldn’t be adverse to around a 1kw or even slightly higher bonus for outputting over 1000 @ 2 ohms or .5 lol in case I decide to pick up a second ***.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.