I want 2 12s that like a sealed box and will take 1500 watts each

528hz
10+ year member

Everything'sMiscellaneous
It's been a looooong time since I've delved into CA. Many years...

Now that I finally have a vehicle to work with, I need to find my sub setup.

I am going sealed. No matter what. This is going into a Tundra Crewmax.

My "hopeful" requirements are:

-two 12s" that will take 1500 watts RMS and likes sealed boxes

-have no more than 6" mounting depth

I understand that this is a pretty tall order, but even if I need to have someone build me custom subs I am optimistic that I can make this happen....probably going to need a neo motor if I had to guess.

Any suggestions? Is PSI still the go-to guy for custom subs?

Id look at a pair of 12" G-Cons/SSA G-Cons for sealed enclosure if i were going sealedGCON-12 Sound Solutions Audio 12" 750W GCON Series Subwoofer - SSA STORE

If you can squeeze another 1-1/4"

I am almost ready to go with IDQ 12s. They only require 5 13/16" mounting depth and they too take 750W RMS. However, I would like to find something/build something that would take double that...if it is even possible...

I will be running a PG Bass Cube as well.

Id look at a pair of 12" G-Cons/SSA G-Cons for sealed enclosure if i were going sealedGCON-12 Sound Solutions Audio 12" 750W GCON Series Subwoofer - SSA STORE

If you can squeeze another 1-1/4"
they arent optimized for sealed at all man. None of the SSA woofers are optimized for sealed, the EBP, QTS are all off. I've tested a few ssa woofers in sealed, They are much MUCH better in a ported. As in They should never be in a sealed ever! kind of results.

I am almost ready to go with IDQ 12s. They only require 5 13/16" mounting depth and they too take 750W RMS. However, I would like to find something/build something that would take double that...if it is even possible...
I will be running a PG Bass Cube as well.
IDmax should handle the power fine. Or some 13w7s but i doubt the mounting depth will work.

Do you have the amp already? If so, what is it? If not, are you looking at one soon?
I do not have the amp yet.

To begin with I was planning on running a 1500 watt amp, and POSSIBLY just running two IDQ 12s sealed. But after thinking about this ALL THE TIME, I keep thinking that it just won't be loud enough and I will be wanting more. I don't want to get into building a hundred different setups in this truck. I don't have that kind of time anymore. So...I thought...maybe if I get two 12s that will take 1500 each, throw a 3K watt amp and the Bass Cube...may could get it into the mid 40s. Although I'm not competing, I know what mid 140s sounds like, and I would be content with that.

IDmax should handle the power fine. Or some 13w7s but i doubt the mounting depth will work.
Yeah, those subs would be way to deep unfortunately.

So you're looking for 12's that'll take 1500wrms EACH? I was thinking you meant both.

I have not played with IDQ's personally. I have witnessed the dayton HO subs in 10's and they're solid.

So you're looking for 12's that'll take 1500wrms EACH? I was thinking you meant both.
I have not played with IDQ's personally. I have witnessed the dayton HO subs in 10's and they're solid.
Yes, 1500 each. Which is why I assume that custom built neo motors are the only way I can possibly go. Do people still sell the old school TC neo motors?

can you make like 3 inch round baffles or something to raise the mounding depth just a bit?
No way.

The key here is that the box is going to be going behind the rear seat of my Tundra crewmax. I would like to not have to move the seat up all the way, and thus far with IDQs, I only lose a couple of clicks forward.

No way.
The key here is that the box is going to be going behind the rear seat of my Tundra crewmax. I would like to not have to move the seat up all the way, and thus far with IDQs, I only lose a couple of clicks forward.
i'd say you'll have to settle with a 135 db lol.

Or go with 4 8s under the seat ported which would be a lot louder and more appropriate on that power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.