My experience with Sonic Electronix and Mechman.

Undun

Hey guys, i just wanted to write a review on a couple sites that i have bought from in the past (based on my and ONLY my experiences). Please let me know your experience with car audio sites.

Sonic Electronix: Its very impressive how bad they are. In june i wanted to buy an XS power battery from them but i wanted more info about the battery so i called them. A voice robot told me that they were very under staffed and that they were going to have to call me back. I thought to myself, "ok that happens. Its understandable that sometimes not everything goes smoothly when you're running a business." Then a few weeks, possible a month, later i randomly get a call from them. She tells me that she is returning the call. I was a bit confused because it took them a very long time to return it and i wasn't expecting them to call after its been so long. But i ask the question about the battery and unfortunately she didn't know much about it. She even asked what a XS Power Lithium x15k was. Although she knew very little about batteries, she was very nice and genuinely sounded like she wanted to help me. After all none of us are born knowing wtf a XS Power Lithium 15K is. So time goes by and my RCA cables brake. I hop onto sonic electronix and order some RCA cables. I wait, and wait and wait. I start to get upset at this point and i call them only to hear that stupid voice robot telling me that they are understaffed. How long does it take to fix this issue? Its been months this problem should've been fixed a long time ago. Now I'm not even expecting the RCA cables to arrive, they must have forgotten about my order or something. Im going to buy some at a local store today. Im not even going to ask for a refund or anything they can keep my hundred bucks. I hate myself for not just going to best buy or buying them from an online store that gives a crap about their customers. Terrible customer service 1/5 stars

Mechman: I bought an alt from them a few years ago. I start to have problems with my voltage so i call them. They pick up and i start to talk to them. He was very nice and tells me to send in the alt so they can take a look at it. I send it. They tell me that it passed all the tests and they sent it back. The alt wasn't the problem but its nice to know that i would've been able to fix my alt and get a hold of them. They walked me though everything i needed to fix my voltage and were very helpful. I am VERY impressed by them. Amazing product AND customer service 5/5 stars

I hope you have a better experience with Sonic Electronix and just as good of an experience with Mechman.

Cheers

Hey guys, i just wanted to write a review on a couple sites that i have bought from in the past (based on my and ONLY my experiences). Please let me know your experience with car audio sites.
Sonic Electronix: Its very impressive how bad they are. In june i wanted to buy an XS power battery from them but i wanted more info about the battery so i called them. A voice robot told me that they were very under staffed and that they were going to have to call me back. I thought to myself, "ok that happens. Its understandable that sometimes not everything goes smoothly when you're running a business." Then a few weeks, possible a month, later i randomly get a call from them. She tells me that she is returning the call. I was a bit confused because it took them a very long time to return it and i wasn't expecting them to call after its been so long. But i ask the question about the battery and unfortunately she didn't know much about it. She even asked what a XS Power Lithium x15k was. Although she knew very little about batteries, she was very nice and genuinely sounded like she wanted to help me. After all none of us are born knowing wtf a XS Power Lithium 15K is. So time goes by and my RCA cables brake. I hop onto sonic electronix and order some RCA cables. I wait, and wait and wait. I start to get upset at this point and i call them only to hear that stupid voice robot telling me that they are understaffed. How long does it take to fix this issue? Its been months this problem should've been fixed a long time ago. Now I'm not even expecting the RCA cables to arrive, they must have forgotten about my order or something. Im going to buy some at a local store today. Im not even going to ask for a refund or anything they can keep my hundred bucks. I hate myself for not just going to best buy or buying them from an online store that gives a crap about their customers. Terrible customer service 1/5 stars

Mechman: I bought an alt from them a few years ago. I start to have problems with my voltage so i call them. They pick up and i start to talk to them. He was very nice and tells me to send in the alt so they can take a look at it. I send it. They tell me that it passed all the tests and they sent it back. The alt wasn't the problem but its nice to know that i would've been able to fix my alt and get a hold of them. They walked me though everything i needed to fix my voltage and were very helpful. I am VERY impressed by them. Amazing product AND customer service 5/5 stars

I hope you have a better experience with Sonic Electronix and just as good of an experience with Mechman.

Cheers
I never had a problem with sonic... You can always track the order status and request a refund online if they didn't send.

That was me that mentioned that Sonic's original west coast warehouse in Chatsworth, California closed down. I wanted to return an item and I called their customer service and asked if I could just return it to their Chatsworth warehouse so that I don't have to pay for return shipping. That's when they advised me that their Chatsworth warehouse closed down and they now only have one centralized warehouse that they ship out from which is Kansas or Kentucky, can't recall which one.

Also, the last time I checked their site, it was still showing that their Chatsworth warehouse is still operational. That shows you that Sonic hasn't been keeping up with updating their website. It's still allowing you to try to schedule an appointment to have audio gear installed in their warehouse, but won't respond back to you when you do. I should know because I tried doing it w/ no response.

I've bought from SonicElectrocix numerous times and haven't had any issues worth mentioning. They usually call me back within the same day too. The best customer experience though I've had by a mile is with Crutchfield. Their prices can be a bit higher but when there is a problem they literally go out of their way to help you and never complain about it. Items like head units I won't buy anywhere else.

I often buy speakers and amps from ebay from a seller called brand beast. In my experience they have always been cheapest, items arrive quickly and are as I expect. I'm based in Australia so don't know if they ship overseas but it would probably be dearer for postage.

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

I have bought from Sonic Electronix in the past with no issues, Woofers ect no issues, SSA no Issues, crutchfield the same, actually, I have gotten calls to Canada from all these companies in the past. I guess Sonic Electronic have issues they need to work out as, I have been seeing theses threads surfaces from time to time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.