SounDrive SDA3 Rev2 In Stock!

SounDrive
Pro Seller

www.soundrive.audio
Lebanon, TN
The SounDrive SDA3 revision 2 motors are now here and preorders will be shipping out this week!

Expect the same great performance with new and improved looks, and a new pole vent system to help keep coil temperature lower. We are giving these the same conservative 2000w rating as the revision 1, but expect slightly more thermal power handling.

They will now come standard with 4 gauge push terminals instead of 8 gauge, and we still offer the option to upgrade to direct leads.

Visit SounDrive Audio Store to order, or email at damien@soundrive.audio for discounts on 4 or more subs.

Introductory sale prices:

10" $339.99

12" $359.99

15" $379.99

18" $399.99

28baek4.jpg

Nice looking motor... is that cooling on the pole?
Yes, the pole vents direct air straight at the coil former. It cools slightly better than a standard pole vent design. I'd like to do a video test soon with one rev1 and one rev2 showing the improvement.

Whats the sound signature like on these
depends on the enclosure you put on them. You can custom order them with sealed/4th order spider packs as well. Otherwise they go pretty nuts on ported and 4th order. One of the loudest/efficient subs i've heard in all my car audio career. SQ seriously would depend on the box, port loading, and overall vehicle alignment, they respond well to different tunings.

I'm really interested in these subs. Been out of car audio for a couple years. Are these geared more for lower end, or will they do well in all applications? Thank you.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yes, the pole vents direct air straight at the coil former. It cools slightly better than a standard pole vent design. I'd like to do a video test soon with one rev1 and one rev2 showing the improvement.
cooling the former is very effective. i found the hottest part of the coil to be the bottom windings. you do any testing on hot spots?

I'm really interested in these subs. Been out of car audio for a couple years. Are these geared more for lower end, or will they do well in all applications? Thank you.
The setups i've heard tend to do extremely well in the 30 to 80hz range. However they were a lot higher tuned then what normal people would tune them at. which was a 32 to 64 hz 6th order tuned for metal music does a solid 150 (ON METAL MUSIC) with two 15s. The other setup was two 15s ported 38hz tuned setup in a ford ranger doing 153 db.

My friend with the ranger had a port extension tuned to 33hz and it went down to 25hz pretty well. So it responds pretty well to tuning. Didnt meter as high but still above a 151 and he had fat hair tricks. here's his vid. https://www.facebook.com/camille.martinez.73/videos/1251548574903450/

They do well in all applications. They're built to be an efficient all around sub.

build time? i have 12.5 cubes. doing a SPL wall in a midsize sedan. could probably do 13 cubes with 240in^2. res frequency is around mid 50s so smaller box might be beneficial depending on the QT and spider pack. im open for suggestions. Id like them to get fairly low for daily as well, but i don't need them to drop past 30 or so.. how does the softer spider pack tuned in the upper 40s in 6 per driver respond? i have about 3KW clamped for them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

SounDrive

Pro Seller
www.soundrive.audio
SounDrive
Lebanon, TN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date