68 Vette speaker help

Participant count
  • Participants list

adulbrich
5,000+ posts

Olive oil un-virginer
Ames, Iowa
Well, my uncle wants a stereo in his 67 Corvette.

I'm giving him two AGM's, my old Kenwood radio, a cheap crunch amp, and a pair of Massive sumo 6.5 subs.

I'm looking to spend around $50 on speakers. What's tricky is the kicks can only fit 4x6 (or 4" round) speakers. Speakers will just be powered off the headunit.

This setup doesn't have to sound amazing. It just has to make music at a reasonable volume without sounding terrible to an average listener.

I know 4x6's aren't real common with serious audio enthusiasts, but that's the space I've got to work with. If anybody has better budget friendly 4x6's, let me know. So far I'm thinking about getting these for $43:

Pioneer TS-A4676R 200 W Max 4" x 6" 3-Way Car Audio Speakers 1540 | eBay

s-l500.jpg

Alpine sps 406

And im embarrased to say but when i just needed music in the truck inbetween builds i ran some $20 performance teknique 4x6 off my HU and i was **** surprised by them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.