Blown CT Sounds 25001.1D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Item(s) for Sale:

Blown CT Sounds 2500.1D

Item(s) Description/Condition:

-2500 watts @ 1 ohm on 12v

-3900 watts @ 1 ohm on 14.4v

Amp was purchased used in April of this year, was not powered until early June. Within 30 mins the amp was smoking. A buddy and I quickly disconnected power and ground cables. Waited until all smoke was gone and amp was cool, reconnected power and ground to amp and nothing. No lights at all. Thought to power on the amp using the bass knob, the amp power on the "CTSounds" logo on top in blue, but actual power light did not come on the side. Also the bass knob says "PROT", which after researching Im taking to mean protect. The amp has a few cosmetic flaws also, such as the gash on the front fin, gash on corner, and loose plexi glass on bottom.

Price:

$160 Shippedb (OBO)

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Item Pictures: https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/QCY5CTMRPXMmG0vE0VZ7OKEVD1ml304-Bhu3crO2E5De9nFCk9Np5-G5KVLG2lgB-vhqvbJOUAVWJlntTmKAtXWBpO1QYgSZ3vgf=w1040-h750-rw

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B80pbHUbdJYPbkRIeWxsaHFncEZUd3gwRVJfZWIybVJDRVY4

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like user error.
I honestly don't know, the amp blew the magic smoke. I swapped it for an older Alpine, which is still in and beating on some JL Audio W3s, no problems. I did buy the amp used from a seller on FB. This is the older line, not the newer line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...